Yamaha DTX Pedal questions

hatandbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of my students has a Yamaha DTX set.
She's having an issue with one of the pedals that is missing a rubber/plastic cap that sits underneath the pedal board just below the spring.
Attached photos of her hi-hat pedal which works fine and then the second photo of her bass drum pedal that is missing that cap and isn't working so well.
Any thoughts or advice?
Does anyone know where to buy replacements? Are there also stronger Springs out there?
Many thanks in advance. I appreciate everyone's time; I'm a novice when it comes to electronic drums and just want to help my student out.
Cheers

Attachments

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of my students has a Yamaha DTX set.
She's having an issue with one of the pedals that is missing a rubber/plastic cap that sits underneath the pedal board just below the spring.
Attached photos of her hi-hat pedal which works fine and then the second photo of her bass drum pedal that is missing that cap and isn't working so well.
Any thoughts or advice?
Does anyone know where to buy replacements? Are there also stronger Springs out there?
Many thanks in advance. I appreciate everyone's time; I'm a novice when it comes to electronic drums and just want to help my student out.
Cheers
I dont know the answer to your question but if you look up 65 Drums on facebook and message him he might be able to help. He has a YouTube channel dedicated to all things edrum related and he'll respond to questions on facebook messenger. I too am new to edrums and went to him for information. His name is Justin Greenwalt.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a teacher you should most likely prefer her using a real bass drum pedal.

Throw that piece of junk in the trash.

Get a used KP65 kick pad and use with your favorite real kick pedal.

hatandbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

...instead of assuming what I am doing or what we are doing why don't you ask.
.... I appreciate your steadfast opinion
... I'm sure you'll sleep better at night knowing that there are two drum sets during my lessons
.... I'm sure you'll sleep better at night knowing that I took enough time and care to hear what she needed based on the set that she has at home and the help that she asked me for ... do you teach? Do you listen and hear what your students are saying and asking for?
...thanks
... I appreciate your energy and attitude
... my other student is on the way; just finished setting up both drum sets; sleep well tonight. I'm glad you care

Reactions: egw

hatandbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I dont know the answer to your question but if you look up 65 Drums on facebook and message him he might be able to help. He has a YouTube channel dedicated to all things edrum related and he'll respond to questions on facebook messenger. I too am new to edrums and went to him for information. His name is Justin Greenwalt.
Thanks I appreciate you

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate you
No problem and good luck with the edrums and teaching. Oh and good luck learning about edrums. They are such a different animal than acoustic. 27 years of playing only acoustic so trying to teach myself new tricks, and it's a learning curve for sure. But the upside is that I can play in my house without upsetting my autistic son. So the trade off is definitely worth it.

hatandbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I'm excited to share your attitude with my student and I'll have her respond to you directly.
Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.
Good luck with your attitude :)