Yamaha DTXplorer giving up the ghost..

chollyred

Reaction score
The kit at my small church is giving up the ghost; starting to have channel failures, triggering problems, etc. Need to find a replacement but (did I say small church) only have a budget of around $500. What should I be looking for? I've seen a few listings for Roland TD4 and TD11 kits around that price. Would like mesh heads if possible (my arthritis would appreciate it). What other options? I've considered replacing the module with a Yamaha DTX502, but I'd like to replace the pads and cables too if possible.

electrodrummer

Reaction score
As an aside....if you are getting wrist problems - what sticks are you using? (wood, size)? I've hitting stuff for over 3 decades with no problems.

chollyred

Reaction score
As an aside....if you are getting wrist problems - what sticks are you using? (wood, size)? I've hitting stuff for over 3 decades with no problems.
One of the privileges of getting old. Arthritis setting into the thumbs. The hard rubber pads tend to irritate it some. People kept telling me use thinner, lighter sticks, but that seemed to aggravate it more. Now using 2Bs and an extremely light grip and letting the sticks do the work.