YAMAHA EAD 10. Are they worth it?

nolibos

Reaction score
I am considering an EAD 10 for practice with an acoustic drum set. What are some experiences with this (especially from those who have had it for awhile)? Is there a better way to go? Thanks for any responses.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've had my EAD10 for about 14 months and it has been a game changer for me as a practice tool. When used with a good set of isolation headphones, it allows me to hear my drums and play along to recorded tracks at a comfortable listening level. I really like having reverb, compression, and gating available to simulate some of the recorded tracks I like to play along to. There are many effects I will never use and I have yet to tap into the internal samples that can be added via external triggers. Yamaha just released the Rec 'n Share app for Android, so my next project is to use the EAD10 for basic recording. I was able to purchase my EAD10 through an online store that was offering 25% off at the time. I was also able to take advantage of a $50 rebate from Yamaha, making this much more economical than buying a more elaborate drum micing system.

nolibos

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Yes I am just waiting/hoping for a sale at my local Guitar Center.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I SO want one of those. I think it would inspire me to start practicing again.

GeeDeeEmm

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling mine. I just never use it. PM if you're interested.

simedgoose

Reaction score
There’s nothing else like it. Whether it’s for practice, mic’ing at smaller gigs, monitoring at bigger gigs, making videos etc it does the lot. Love mine

Latest posts