Yamaha EAD10 Help....

Vetdrummer1

Reaction score
First thing, I wasn't quite sure to post this in the "General " forum or the "Electronic" forum, so moderators please feel free to move this thread. Anyway, I'm new to the forum and need some guidance and advice regarding the EAD10 and recording videos. I want to record drum cover videos using the EAD10 and want to find out the easiest way to accomplish this. Regarding tech, this what I have at my disposal to go along with the EAD10: 7th gen iPad, Acer Windows laptop, a Go-Pro wannabe camera and my iPhone 7 Plus. I also have all the necessary cables for the devices. My first thought is to record the audio with the EAD10 via USB flash drive and the video separately via the camera. Then take both and dump them into Garage Band and edit from there. I have not used Garage Band as of yet so there will be a learning curve to say the least. Regarding Garage Band, does anyone know if I can record the audio portion straight into the app on my iPad via the EAD10? I tried Yamaha's Rec n Share app but I found it frustrating. Even though all my music on iTunes was downloaded from iTunes, Rec n Share won't recognize an easy 75% of my music? So, if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc., it would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good chat

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would def say easy way is the app. I have never had an issue using my android phone. It works great and is effortless. Wonder if Apple has digital copyright protection on its song files or something like that.

halldorl

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use iOS and I’ve never have had issues downloading songs into the rec’n’share app. It does freeze from time to time which can be a little bothersome.
However, I almost only use the EAD for practicing and learning songs. Recording is quite limited soundwise. The EAD would be sooo much more useful if you could plug two external mic’s into it.