Yamaha EAD10 users: Are you using an external trigger?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've had my EAD10 for just about a year and can't get over how much it has helped me as a practice tool. I still have 3 unused inputs on the module that I'd like to make use of in some way. One option would be to add a Yamaha acoustic trigger to my snare drum or toms to combine the natural sound of the drum with a sample from the module. The other option is to add a few dedicated 3-zone electronic drum pads for triggering auxiliary percussion or other sounds from the module. Has anyone experimented with either of these options with the EAD10? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it worth the effort and expense?

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here this week . I tried one at the Hollywood Drum Show in October and have been obsessed ever since so I bought one last week . I did not opt for the snare trigger as everything I read and saw on youtube lead me to believe it was not necessary for practicing . Maybe in a live situation it might be a different story .

gbow

Reaction score
I use a ddrum chrome trigger on my snare with it. Nice thing about it is in the preset definitions, you can choose whether to use the trigger or not.

So some presets I use the trigger for sounds that are specific. For other presets where I just want a nice augmented kit sound, I don't use the trigger.

I already had a set of the ddrum triggers, if I were buying specifically for the EAD I would probably just pick up a yamaha. The non-yamaha triggers, you have to fiddle with the settings to get it working just right, although it's a one time thing so not a biggie.

gabo

Latest posts