header.nohb.html

Yamaha FP6110

rsmittee

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this! I love these pedals and just bought the DW bearing hub assemblies for all of them. I never even noticed that it was made from plastic. Thank God I never broke one on a gig! This will make this simple pedal even better.
My original from the factory '86 pedal had worn almost all the way through the bearing AND the bolt before I noticed it! I might still have it, and if I do, I'll post a pic of it. Really amazed it held, and that it didn't break on a gig. I now have the DW bearing on both my old Yamahas, and they're better than new. Thanks, Ben!

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have three 8110 pedals and a 6110 as backup: I wondered why the feel was so different until I noticed that the 6110 didn't have a bearing.

It seems hard to find these in Europe, though.

RoyKiyo

Reaction score
Nice job, Ben. I have been using these pedals for years and I never even considered that cheapo plastic hub a potential weak point in the work chain for this pedal. I ordered the complete assembly by DW to replace the plastic hub in all of my Yamaha 6110 pedals! Thanks again!
Rob
+1

Ben doing god’s work. What a great resource.

I’m in the same boat, I’d never even considered upgrading parts on a pedal till I saw that video. One of those great moments where very little money can buy you better playing - no practice or effort required!

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
One last thing, now that I’ve taken the spring hook from my DW pedal and put it on my Yamaha pedal I don’t have one for the DW. That’s all that pedal needs to be complete. I have this Yamaha one from that pedal (pic below) and I tried to use pliers to make it bigger to fit on the DW hub of that pedal but it’s pretty hard and it might break it seems. Anybody have any suggestions? I think some shops may sell these online.
ACF8613E-A2C8-40E8-9168-712F9904DE55.jpeg

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
Can we have a few pictures of the side of the pedal post modification, please? You have to use the old stock screw to mount the new
DW Bearing onto the side post of the pedal. The issue is that the yamaha mounting hardware doesn't fit inside the hole of the DW bearing, so it must be mounted onto the side of it. Please, send some pictures of your pedal, specifically showing the new bearing mounted onto the pedal. Thank you, in advance.

rsmittee

Reaction score
One last thing, now that I’ve taken the spring hook from my DW pedal and put it on my Yamaha pedal I don’t have one for the DW. That’s all that pedal needs to be complete. I have this Yamaha one from that pedal (pic below) and I tried to use pliers to make it bigger to fit on the DW hub of that pedal but it’s pretty hard and it might break it seems. Anybody have any suggestions? I think some shops may sell these online. View attachment 568503
I used pliers to bend mine. It doesn't need to move far.

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can we have a few pictures of the side of the pedal post modification, please? You have to use the old stock screw to mount the new
DW Bearing onto the side post of the pedal. The issue is that the yamaha mounting hardware doesn't fit inside the hole of the DW bearing, so it must be mounted onto the side of it. Please, send some pictures of your pedal, specifically showing the new bearing mounted onto the pedal. Thank you, in advance.
I’m not sure if I have it all on correctly because one of the nuts on the bottom tends to get loose easily but other than that everything is good.
0CDA53FB-A0DD-4888-A9EF-12C4522DD789.jpeg

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you all ever tried Gibralter's inexpensive strap drive pedal? There's one at my local shop and it is a winner too

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I have it all on correctly because one of the nuts on the bottom tends to get loose easily but other than that everything is good.
This should take care of your bottom nut backing off - they come 2 to a pack and work great on the Yamaha pedals:

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t retro fit right either .

@benobriensmith Does yours have this issue ??

Looks like I’m going to have to machine them down to fit inside bearing ..

I tried it on 2 pedals ….
446A506D-57B6-46E9-8F47-F0B47C052F0B.jpeg
1A3EA69C-EA21-48C0-B817-6350EC1FD714.jpeg
1A3EA69C-EA21-48C0-B817-6350EC1FD714.jpeg

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t retro fit right either .

@benobriensmith Does yours have this issue ??

Looks like I’m going to have to machine them down to fit inside bearing ..

I tried it on 2 pedals …. View attachment 570085 View attachment 570086 View attachment 570086
You don't need to use the original Yamaha spacer at all. Just use the existing Yamaha washer and screw, as in RyanLovesDrums' pic. There is already a protruding hub on the pedal that the new DW bearing will rest on to keep it in place.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't need to use the original Yamaha spacer at all. Just use the existing Yamaha washer and screw, as in RyanLovesDrums' pic. There is already a protruding hub on the pedal that the new DW bearing will rest on to keep it in place.
Ah , ok ……thanks .,

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That protruding “ hub “ is a bit too small actually…
There is a fair amount of play …

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Im wondering how much is actually spend in total on all the extra parts and the pedal itself?

For that money one could probably get a used Flying Dragon or a DW pedal that all these parts on it already.

I really like the basic Yamaha pedal as it is, without extra’s or changes.

But I love seeing this nerding out on changing parts though.