Yamaha hardware question

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a Stage Custom kit soon, and I really prefer the two toms to be on a stand to the left of the BD. Does anyone know if the top of a 700/800 series cymbal boom stand can be swapped with the triple-tom tube from the BD? I would use that top section to fly my ride off the BD.

Thanks for any advice you may have!!

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a Stage Custom kit soon, and I really prefer the two toms to be on a stand to the left of the BD. Does anyone know if the top of a 700/800 series cymbal boom stand can be swapped with the triple-tom tube from the BD? I would use that top section to fly my ride off the BD.

Thanks for any advice you may have!!

Yes, you can absolutely put the triple-tom tube into the base of any Yamaha cymbal stand and it will fit perfectly.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can absolutely put the triple-tom tube into the base of any Yamaha cymbal stand and it will fit perfectly.
Thanks for the quick answer! The only question - am I too cheap to buy the 800 double-braced stand? I'm thinking the 700 single-braced can handle 10" & 12" toms and a crash. I'm only playing in church (very quietly!), not touring the country.

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer! The only question - am I too cheap to buy the 800 double-braced stand? I'm thinking the 700 single-braced can handle 10" & 12" toms and a crash. I'm only playing in church (very quietly!), not touring the country.
I was setting my rack toms up that way too. 10x7 and 12x8 on a 20 year old single braced 700 boom stand and it worked fine. I just made sure I spread the bottom legs up pretty wide to be more secure.

Reaction score
Yes, they will work with the 7/8/9 series AND the Crosstown stands.

Here is the PHX tom (fairly heavy) on the Crosstown stand, Which I prefer, not only because its much ligther then even the 700 stand, but also because it lets the tom sing even more.

CA41AF61-F093-44AF-AC51-FA33A97DF033.jpeg

2oo2

Reaction score
I had that arrangement for years (unfortunately can't find a picture), but it was a Yamaha Stage Custom with the three hole tom holder put on a 700 series single-braced stand, supporting 10" and 12" toms and a crash cymbal with its corresponding cymbal arm. When I had to move the entire thing it was heavy, but the stand never failed and I suspect it could support much heavier toms and cymbal. Just spread its legs enough so it's balanced and doesn't fall (I learned the hard way), also position one leg between the toms because that's where most of the weight is.

Yamaha hardware is beautiful in the sense that all tubes are interchangeable, you can get really creative and customize the set the way you want.