header.nohb.html

Yamaha Live Custom 14x18 bass drum, amber shadow sunburst

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 23x22x20 box from Oregon to GA weighing 30 pounds would cost $100 via FedEx. If you print the label through shipstation via PayPal it will likely be considerably less. Even if you spend $20 on a box and packing, which would be hard...you're still at $120 max.
If you go to a ups store and just tell them to pack and ship a bass drum, yeah, it will cost a lot more.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 23x22x20 box from Oregon to GA weighing 30 pounds would cost $100 via FedEx. If you print the label through shipstation via PayPal it will likely be considerably less. Even if you spend $20 on a box and packing, which would be hard...you're still at $120 max.
If you go to a ups store and just tell them to pack and ship a bass drum, yeah, it will cost a lot more.

Thanks. Am I correct that the shipment was made in 2022? For example, I received an estimate to ship a 20x18x18 box to Denmark in November for about $200; in March it was over three times that. Same box to Texas was about $180 via the least expensive shipper. It's possible it may be the source of the estimate rather than the shipping itself.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great color. One of my local DFO bros used to have a oak custom kit with 10/12/14/18 and it was such a gorgeous color - good luck, dude!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Am I correct that the shipment was made in 2022? For example, I received an estimate to ship a 20x18x18 box to Denmark in November for about $200; in March it was over three times that. Same box to Texas was about $180 via the least expensive shipper. It's possible it may be the source of the estimate rather than the shipping itself.
I did that estimate online yesterday.
I don't know if international rates have changed.
Contrary to what's been said on the forum, it does not look like fedex or ups have raised their rates since the beginning of the year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't find anything on the internet about rate increases since January.
I've noticed that since PayPal is using shipstation, rates have seemed relatively inexpensive.
(Recently sold a pedal to Australia and a cymbal to Denmark, and those, of course, were pricey.)

Latest posts