Yamaha Oak Musashi Snare

kluger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Posted this in new drum gear thread. But I wanted to start another about this great snare. 6.5x13 , got it used, well second owner, I don’t think this was ever played. It’s in amazing condition and I just love the sounds coming from this. I also have a Steve Jordan model that I use a lot, but oak definitely makes a difference.
9E129430-A23D-42B0-A69E-8AFD46E22850.jpeg

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don’t know about the snare but I play Promark Musashi Oak sticks and have read the book Musashi several times.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite 13-inch wood snare. Oak is definitely a bit different than maple. It's a very focused sound and I felt it was a little louder than maple. I don't know why I sold it but it was a sweet one.....

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love my 13x6.5. I'm actually about to install the Q type strainer on it because the stock one is a bit flimsy, but otherwise it's a gem.

andlours

Reaction score
I have the 6.5" x 13" version and it's one of my favorite snares. For a while there, these snares were going for really low prices. I ended up picking mine up for $100 with a Yamaha stand. Sadly, those days seem like they're gone now.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Being the resident Yamaha snob, you’d think I’d know the answer to this question, but what’s the difference between a standard Oak Custom snare and the Musashi Oak Custom snare?

DavedrumsTX

Reaction score
Posted this in new drum gear thread. But I wanted to start another about this great snare. 6.5x13 , got it used, well second owner, I don’t think this was ever played. It’s in amazing condition and I just love the sounds coming from this. I also have a Steve Jordan model that I use a lot, but oak definitely makes a difference. View attachment 455523
I bought one when they first came out. An amazing drum for the price. Not extremely versatile, but man it gave the pop you need for funk.