Yamaha Turbo Tour- white

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm cleaning up some mid 80's turbo tours and I want to remove the yellowing if possible without damaging the finish. Any suggestions on best wat to do that and also one getting the grunge off the chrome? Thanks

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome parts - remove from the shell and soak in Dawn dish soap and water a " Heavy " amount of DAWN . I use some of the wife's older Tupperware or Glad plastic containers for leftover food to keep the smaller parts in. Leave them soak a day or so. Then rinse completely and dry ....then polish w your choice of metal polishes. I use Mother's mag wheel polish from Auto Zone . Shells are a different animal. First you need to make sure they aren't lacquer paint, a lot of those 80'd Yamahas were lacquer. If they're plastic wrap you can use the mother's mag wheel polish --- warning, try it on the bottom panel of the bass drum first ! I've used it on older vintage sparkle wraps and it works great. Brought a 59 Trans Badge Ludwig snare that had turned somewhat Teal back to vibrant blue sparkle in about an hour. Use sparingly do not glob it on the finish.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot .... I also use white lithium grease for the threads on all the tension rods and wing nuts, again use sparingly a little goes a long way. Also available in Auto Zone

Turbo-T nut

Reaction score
I'm cleaning up some mid 80's turbo tours and I want to remove the yellowing if possible without damaging the finish. Any suggestions on best wat to do that and also one getting the grunge off the chrome? Thanks
Hey buddy you still got those turbo tours

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes I sure do. Sorry to be slow answering. Looks like you have some too from your avitar