Yamaha vs Roland - who wins

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have an Alesis Sample Pad Pro...and enjoy messing with it...never did a show with it.

Anyway I saw a drummer using a Roland pad live and messing with the on board delay in really time on some dub music (which I'd like to be doing a little of) and thought...maybe I need to think of up grading.

I once got to help an acquantance find his way thru the Roland manual (not easy)...

curious what people are using...and why.

PS-If I recall the Roland will also let you create a loop from samples ... where as the Alesis only let's you loop a sample.

Thanks
dtk

electrodrummer

Reaction score
The DTX Multi12 will let you loop samples.

Here's the basic difference
- the DTX Multi12 is a full DTX700ish drum kit module with some pads stuck on it.
- the SPDsx is a sampler with some pads stuck on it.

So it depends on what you want to do.

The ultimate, most flexible, offering is a DTX Mutlti12 with a Roland TM-2 MIDI'ed to it. (This is still cheaper than an SPDsx).

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
So the Yamaha DTX is not a sampler? but you can buy the TM and get it to be one...intersting/thx

and cuz I'm curious what do you run?

electrodrummer said:
The DTX Multi12 will let you loop samples.

Here's the basic difference
- the DTX Multi12 is a full DTX700ish drum kit module with some pads stuck on it.
- the SPDsx is a sampler with some pads stuck on it.

So it depends on what you want to do.

The ultimate, most flexible, offering is a DTX Mutlti12 with a Roland TM-2 MIDI'ed to it. (This is still cheaper than an SPDsx).