Yamaha's New Portable Drum Kit: Stage Custom Hip

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
... Now if I could buy a set that came with a nice 1 piece case for all the drums that came on wheels, that even included a spot for hardware?
I'd be into it.
It's actually easier.
It's not the size of the drums, it's the number of trips back to the car.
That's the idea behind the suitcase kit. All but the snare and hihat stand fit inside. But, of course, the bass drum sound is highly compromised. The suitcase kit is also one trip, but three cases, including a huge hard shell golf club case.

The real problem is the weight of all the stands and hardware in just one case. There's really no way to lighten a drum set much when you want a four piece kit plus cymbals. There will always be a compromise somewhere.

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
That's sweet. Never seen that. So what's all inside?
Everything in these photos, including throne, mics and cables, with the exception of snare, hihat stand, stick bag, mic stand, mixer and carpet. The two toms nest together in the case. Everything else except the hihat and mic stands fit into a back pack, so this is a pretty easy one-trip kit, made even easier if there's no need to mic the kick or sing!

01 Front.JPG

02 Right Side.jpg

03 Left Top.jpg

04 Drivers Seat.jpg

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So, hey-- these were supposed to come out around May. May is careening to an end. Given that COVID's probably done all sorts of craziness to supply chains and everything else, what are you thinking about getting one of these?

I think if life had proceeded as normal from January until now, I'd have placed an order. But I have no idea how/when/if the gigs will come back in this area and the last thing I need is more drums just sitting around the house.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Canadian chain Long and McQuade is listing them as "Coming soon", at a price of $900 Cdn, or $642 US.
You can buy the 5 piece Stage Custom with a 20" bass drum for $679. Why buy a 4 piece kit in smaller sizes for the same money? If it is the shallow bass drum, just cut down the deeper bass drum and now you have a full sized 5 piece kit with a shallow bass drum to reduce your stage space.

Latest posts