Yammie DTX720K. I’ve crossed over to the dark side....(Star Wars reference)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I’ve owned quite a few Roland ekits (TD10/12/20) and I’ve always sold them. So. I saw a really good deal on the DTX Kit so I bit. Yes, I have a studio with my kit set up but I decided sometimes I’d rather just put on headphones and play, so....
I really like this kit. I find the Yamaha kit to be very sensitive and especially loving the hi hat and 3 zone snare. Just really good samples. I’m even likin the non mesh pads.
B22F4BB9-802E-4EBC-8E9A-E512A3673D21.jpeg

Last edited:

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to reading your review. Do you still have your Yamaha DTX Multi-12 for expanding your new kit?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to reading your review. Do you still have your Yamaha DTX Multi-12 for expanding your new kit?
I do have a DTX M12 but I have my percussionist use it in my band, DrD. He’s able to use it much more in a live situation. My Ekit is for home use.

TomR

Reaction score
Very cool! I bought the DTX760K kit and really like the TCS heads. A local music store has two Yamaha ekits in their lesson rooms with students pounding on them daily for over three years with zero problems. That helped sell me on them. As much as I love all of my acoustic kits, I play the Yamaha ekit 95% of the time in my practice room. After a six-month layoff from gigging, this week's band rehearsal revealed my time away from the acoustic kit wasn't exactly good for me. :tongue3:

I custom dialed in several kits, mostly for playing through a PA if I decide to use it on gigs. Obviously they sound different running through IEMs vs. a PA system. Some of the bass drum sounds I liked in the IEMs were less defined in the PA. I still need to download the iPad app, which I hear provides more editing capability over the controller. Enjoy.

Latest posts