Yoni Madar's Freakish Skill

Freewill3

Reaction score
I've watched many of his videos, he's got some serious skills! Hope he gets some recognition!

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I, too, appreciate drum freaks.
Pete's on loan here
from Planet X
...but only until it makes it's return to our solar system.

Last edited:

HoorayGuy

Reaction score
Not my 'cup a tea' at all, but, I still really dig it. Man, no need for him to hit the gym. lol

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
where's al jackson when you need him..................
....In the marble orchard.

Hey, I love Al Jackson, too, but it should be obvious this particular topic is about another type of drumming skill.
There's still room for different drummers here on DFO, right?

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was unfamiliar with Yoni Madar before seeing your post, Steven... glad this thread resurfaced.

This one pulled me right in with its non-stop assault and visual slickness. This guy is totally on point, and completely commited with every stroke. Incredible playing.

greegor

Reaction score
OMG he's amazing! I guess I really need to work on my...uh...channeling?

mebeatee

Reaction score
Yup this is pretty amazing and cool.....however I'm sure most of us have "been there, done that".....
I know I have, and still do from time to time.....attempt to pull off the most difficult beat/groove/fill whatever. Every now and then I'll program or sequence something that is humanly impossible to play and try and figure out how to do it. Then I go....well not now as I'm unemployed...back to my day job as a drummer and interact with people.
This is an excellent exercise in this kind of playing as indicated by the vids by both of the fellows.....however I'm way more impressed with Pete Zeldman's speaking and emoting while playing the patterns.
Don't get me wrong, as I do think this is quite fantastic and admire him for what he does, and yes this stuff does have its place for sure in the wide world of plomping on things.
However I'm going to be the fly in the ointment per se, and put forth a couple of scenarios....all in jest folks, all in jest.
bt

Would this playing be even too much for a Rush tribute band...?
Or....

Attachments