"You left something in your cart"

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been experiencing this now for quite some time but now it's getting stupid...and annoying. God forbid you leave something in your cart and leave the site. It used to be I'd get an annoying reminder email from the site about my abandoned cart but Gutter Center has upped the annoyance level. I left items in my cart from few days ago and I've been getting calls, which turn into voicemails since I don't recognize the # and don't pick up, repeatedly since that day. Business is bad, I get it, but stop badgering me. Anyone else getting cart-reminder calls now? Does it bother you that much?

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
GC and Sweetwater do that but for me I just get emails, I don't give my phone number out.

I let it ride thinking that I could get a deal out of it if they offer.

Hasn't happened yet, I'll let you know if/when it does.

:p

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you ever get "Items in your Cart have been sold"

I mean putting something in your cart does not require of them any obligation, to 'hold' it , right?
@Splat?

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get calls from my "gear adviser" at Musicians Friend when I leave stuff in my cart. REALLY annoying.

I finally told Sweetwater to put me on the "do not call" list. I need to do the same at M.F.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

HOT TIP... ask the "gear advisor" for a pro musician discount next time you need something from M.F.

I just got 15% off the online advertised price for a new Yamaha mixer but I had to call and ask for it. Worth a try.

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wow, phone calls? That's really out of bounds!

I very rarely shop for musical gear, but I often buy other kinds of things from Amazon and I use the shopping cart to gather up things that I'm just thinking about buying to save myself the trouble of having to look them up at a later date. "Shopping cart" is really the wrong term for the way that I use the thing. For me it's more of a "list of things that I'm considering buying, but not necessarily anytime soon." As often as not, I clear out items from the shopping cart, rather than buy them...

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thats why I uses favorites lists on the websites. So you can keep things in your bucket list, but don’t ff up their inventory system nor get annoying messages and mails.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, phone calls? That's really out of bounds!

I very rarely shop for musical gear, but I often buy other kinds of things from Amazon and I use the shopping cart to gather up things that I'm just thinking about buying to save myself the trouble of having to look them up at a later date. "Shopping cart" is really the wrong term for the way that I use the thing. For me it's more of a "list of things that I'm considering buying, but not necessarily anytime soon." As often as not, I clear out items from the shopping cart, rather than buy them...
A "wish list".

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These aren't robo calls. This is a real live person, and it's been the same one every call. I, too, use the cart as somewhat of a reminder list of things to get but don't need them ASAP. I finally remembered to log into my GC account and see about disabling calls from them but there is no applicable setting so I changed my phone #. See what happens. Oh, and yes I emptied my cart. :roll:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd send this using a 36-cent postcard:

Dear Local Guitar Center Store Manager,

I left (Item and price) in my GuitarCenter.com cart. Because of the annoying phone calls I've received from your company, I instead bought the item from a competitor.

When you notify me by email that you've removed this customer-harrassing feature altogether, I'll consider purchasing from your store again. May be a while ... I'm pretty pissed.

Kind regards,

Vistalite Black

Skeet6

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I blocked the Sweetwater guy. Really annoying. Once, I got a call about 10 minutes after being on the site - kinda creeped me out.
PS: I called on an item once and left my call back number with the salesman. I never entered it on the website that I remember. I am going over now to check.
Mike B

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take the calls from sweetwater. There customer service is top notch so a few extra phone calls don't bother me, I have their number memorized I've ordered so much :) I normally just let them leave a message.

WesChilton

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd send this using a 36-cent postcard:

Dear Local Guitar Center Store Manager,

I left (Item and price) in my GuitarCenter.com cart. Because of the annoying phone calls I've received from your company, I instead bought the item from a competitor.

When you notify me by email that you've removed this customer-harrassing feature altogether, I'll consider purchasing from your store again. May be a while ... I'm pretty pissed.

Kind regards,

Vistalite Black
Do I have to sign it "Vistalite Black"? ;)

WesChilton

Reaction score
I'll take the calls from sweetwater. There customer service is top notch so a few extra phone calls don't bother me, I have their number memorized I've ordered so much :) I normally just let them leave a message.
I have developed a really great relationship with my Sweetwater rep, Cassie. Sometimes when I make a big purchase we'll talk for a long time about all sorts of stuff. She's really cool, and hooks me up with the best deals. And she never pesters me, in fact she can be kinda hard to reach sometimes. I assume she's pretty popular.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
GC and Sweetwater do that but for me I just get emails, I don't give my phone number out.

I let it ride thinking that I could get a deal out of it if they offer.

Hasn't happened yet, I'll let you know if/when it does.

:p
Here's one better.

I ordered a guitar from GC on March 14th because of a coupon I got (from a generous member here). It was due to ship 4/7 -- hasn't shipped yet. I called yesterday to inquire about the status. The guitar is now backordered until at least 5/12, likely longer. I was given a minimal apology for the inconvenience, and a voracious attempt at upselling. "Sorry for any inconvenience, but your guitar will qualify for our protection plan to cover repairs." I was dumbfounded...I couldn't believe what I was hearing...just said, "no I'm not buying a protection plan." Then he goes, "while you wait do you need some accessories? Like extra strings, cables, a strap?" What I wanted to say was "how do you have the guts to ask me to buy accessories for a guitar you haven't been able to ship?" but just said "NO" and hung up. At this point I only hold onto the order because I can't get this price anywhere else.