Young Keith Moon

REF

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Took me a few seconds to catch the flying sticks. Moonie. I wonder what he'd be like today if he was still with us?

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Moon was born in '46. Pictures of Lily was released in '68. Moon was 22. That's young in my book.

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the Who. I love Keith’s playing, but I’m sure I would have really not have liked being in a band with him though. The things he did were idiotic. He cost them a lot of pain and money and yet they still put up with him.

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

In today’s world he would have gone to jail for this. This incident did continue to haunt Keith for the rest of his short life which only made matters worse of course.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He's throwing the "drums" at the audience? I can maybe see the sticks, but the drums could be painful, if you're in the audience and not paying attention.
Any drums thrown off the stage would have ended up in the hands of The Who's roadies. Same for Pete's guitars.

kallen49

Reaction score
Was that a repro in The Drum Book?
From what I’ve seen on line it seems a few people have a few drums of the original POL kits, (including a Hard Rock Cafe, and I’ve seen one of the logo heads), but I’m not sure any single location has enough drums to make even a 4 piece kit? I think Keith was quoted saying that Premier made him spare toms.
IMHO the repro kits Premier put out were a bit of a fail because of the lugs they used. Probably sound great as all Premier drums did, (In 1974 I had a gold kit like used in Tommy movie)

I got a smile seeing the drums airborne.
Tragic “Dear boy”, I doubt there will ever be another drummer quite like him, (world famous, kind of nuts, entertaining, moments of inimitable brilliance), which is probably a good thing from a mental health aspect.
Listening to his best tracks never gets old for me.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tragic “Dear boy”, I doubt there will ever be another drummer quite like him, (world famous, kind of nuts, entertaining, moments of inimitable brilliance), which is probably a good thing from a mental health aspect.
Listening to his best tracks never gets old for me.
+1

Latest posts