Your BEST Cymbal?

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
More seriously Tom, they are extremely “polite”, not quite what you would expect...
They are fairly low volume, extremely responsive for 15s, and just have a sublime open hat slosh, no brashness to them at all. They’re not that thin, around 1100 g each. But they don’t sound or play clunky. I feel like I get out of them what I always have hoped to get out of super thin old As, but without that hollowness or mushiness one does get with exceptionally thin hi hats.

Honestly when Matt first started selling these in my head I was like “great, he finally figured out the marketing game” (don’t tell him I said that) but there really is something different about these.
I have a set of 15s as well - 1033/1190. I’m not a 15” hi hat guy, but these are the only exception. Very crisp and articulate. However, my 14s have a special mojo. They are the only cymbals I own (and I have many) that couldn’t be replaced.

halldorl

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been playing this bad boy for 7 years now and it always inspires me. Meinl 21” Transition Ride. If I had to keep only one cymbal that’s the one. It’s the only cymbal I have ever owned that both fellow musicians keep commenting on and people from the audience. “What is that cymbal? Wow it sounds so great”

You don’t fully realize the beauty of it until you play/hear it in a musical context.

7B0C069A-2CCD-4F0C-9E12-8BD2D31C5E41.jpeg