Your Drum Area

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
The other day I was taking pics of the outdoors and shot a couple of pics of my "drum area". We have a 3 car garage and I basically take the third (and plead the fifth.......is this thing on??)

Let's see your drum areas/rooms/warehouses (Bun? ;-) )

dwludzild

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
View attachment 74970

I keep two or three kits setup in my sound treated 12' x 10' drumroom. I do have a closet in there for a snare rack, heaads, hardware and other items. I got two hard hitters in one night and went downstairs and then outside. Both guys were hitting hard and I could not really hear it outside.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
My main drum area is my garage, always two kits set up---these two pics give the best idea of what it's like:
My Classic 15/16/18/26 kit with 400 "Scabraphonic:"

My Clubdate/Classic kit in front of the overhead door:

The rest of my kits are in my storage room next to my daughter's bedroom in cases (in the wintertime some of my Pro Beat kit is stacked in our bedroom walk in closet). This is why four kits appears to be my max number.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
My drum area

But seriously... I have a spot inside to stack my blue oysters and then PA and Shadows are in the garage....yes I have an alarm ;) I don't have the time or place to practice right now, but hopefully will convert the garage into a play room both for myself and Caila eventually.

forgiven7x

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
all I can say is WOW! You all have tons and tons of drums! I will try to not be jealous...

Just kidding!

But you all have nice sets...even the ones with the dust on the cymbals! lol

:wink:

~Michelle

Chunkaway

DFO Master
Reaction score
View attachment 74970

I keep two or three kits setup in my sound treated 12' x 10' drumroom. I do have a closet in there for a snare rack, heaads, hardware and other items. I got two hard hitters in one night and went downstairs and then outside. Both guys were hitting hard and I could not really hear it outside.
So, I'm wondering what your favorite wrap for drums is?

blkcortex79

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The other day I was taking pics of the outdoors and shot a couple of pics of my "drum area". We have a 3 car garage and I basically take the third (and plead the fifth.......is this thing on??)

Let's see your drum areas/rooms/warehouses (Bun? ;-) )

Very Nice area Bonzo - Very disturbing profile pic!!

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
A little late to the party, but here's my drum room, as it is anyway. I keep my drums in my Suburban since I don't have enough room in my apartment and it's a huge hassle to load and unload my drums after every gig, plus all the noise and attention I would have from doing so. I don't have a dedicated drum area, though I do have some of my percussion and recording equipment in my office.

mikesdrums

Drummer
Reaction score
I can just barely squeeze a drum set, a percussion set, and a stage piano in my music room.

Maggot

Reaction score
This is my elegant drum room. On the right of the photo is a crafting table covered in boxes. Underneath the crafting table (not in the picture) is a Peavey TNT 100 bass amp and a Vox VT30 guitar amp. To the right of that is the computer I'm typing on right now. In the center is my rare, collectors edition Franken-Kit. I'll post the specs below. On the left is my well-tended laundry area. Directly behind the me, my lovely wife is lounging on an ancient tweed couch reading "Infinite Jest."

Franken-Kit:

1960s 20" Zim Gar Bass Drum
1960s 16" Pearl Floor Drum, spray painted black by some joker
13" Floor Tom from a kid's Pulse set used as rack tom.
Newer Pearl piccolo snare
Pearl wood block
Zildjian 13" ZBT hi-hats
Zildjian 14" crash cymbal, hand-hammered in the back yard during a break in a passover seder
Sabian XS20 medium ride.

This set actually sounds tolerable. The drums have good heads on them and sound decent.

trizon

Reaction score
I'm new around here, but had to reply.

Bugford's room looks AWESOME!

I love seeing the congas by Mikes kit!

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
Right now my drums/vibraphone/keyboard/music shelves/everything else is in our 3rd bedroom. It is cramped but manageable.

I am working on my drum "room" now. Actually it is a shed in my back yard that already has insulation in the walls and a cement floor. It is a workshop right now and, while insulated, does not seal up real well and has little insulation in the ceiling. It has a lean to that I am enclosing to move all the shop stuff into (9ft x 25ft) so I can better winterize and finish the walls inside the main area (15 x 25). It has pegboard over all the walls that I am moving outside and plan on adding drywall inside to help reduce the sound that comes out of the shed. I don't need total sound proofing but I do want to take it down to a decent radio level so as to not offend the neighbors.

I don't have any pics yet. I probably should have taken some before I started the whole project, but too late now. I will try to get some pics of the progress and some when I am finished. I am not in a big rush, but personally I would like to have it winterized by October. I can finish the floors and inside walls once I have it sealed up from the outside elements (it's nice to work someplace warm in winter).

9Lb Tongue

Oily Beau Hunk
Reaction score
I feel very lucky to have the room I do. Its 24 x 14 and holds all 7 of my kits, snares, stereo, guitars and amps and PA...

Ill take some pics when it looks more presentable. I'm doing some spring cleaning and re arranging.

Latest posts