Your Drum Room

kaide

Reaction score
Nice, with the extra screen estate for recording/editing and great monitoring. Why the glass doors for the snares?
Thanks Bernard!
I think it's better to have snares behind the glass because there would a lot of sympathetic buzz when recording + I got those cabinets cheap from the used market. I have a curtain over the snare cabinet, so when I'm recording the sound won't bounce from the glass. That television is from our living room, 42" maybe a little big but I don't have to use full screen all the time.

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
I store my kits at a relatives house in a climate controlled basement. My 3 gigging kits stay home in my garage with cases. I have a small home studio with my Roland V-kit that I use for practicing. Duplex home, so I need to keep the volume down. Sonex 360% with bass traps in 2 corners. I have a small studio bass amp and studio guitar amp, E-Mu 5 octave keyboard with every sound set I could possible load in it, Behringer 16 channel board, Fostex VF-160 16 channel workstation linked by an ADAT optical cable to another 12 channel Fostex 8 channel board so I can record tracks live. (Old school hard drive 16 bit digital.)
Here's an old pic with my Magnepan 3 planar speakers.
V-drums in studio.png

Last edited:

bernard

Reaction score
I think it's better to have snares behind the glass because there would a lot of sympathetic buzz when recording + I got those cabinets cheap from the used market. I have a curtain over the snare cabinet, so when I'm recording the sound won't bounce from the glass.
Makes sense, I was just wondering about the glass reflections. Cool place!

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought about vacuuming while switching out kits in bags, but I forgot about taking a picture.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When the trio is on hiatus and/or I’m rehearsing elsewhere projects puke out into the Jazz Dungeon. On this weeks menu we have Ludwig, Slingerland, & MIJ with a sprinkling of Camco. Like the Quarter, it cleans up nice and it’s all beignets.
1580877251336.jpeg