Your ex wife is selling your drums

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
The fact that she blithely told the OP to contact her ex implies that it's at least conceivable that the former couple are on speaking terms. Maybe he's out of state, and she's selling it for him. Maybe he agreed to let her have it as part of the settlement. Maybe he gave up drumming altogether. Everyone is jumping to a stereotypical conclusion.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If it floats, flies or ...... cheaper to rent it! :-D

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm with frankmott on this one. When you divorce (as I have) you split your assets 50/50, with one spouse possibly taking on debt to balance other assets. If the wife ended up with the drum, it was for one of two reasons: he purposely gave it to her as an asset to sell, or he missed it when things were being divvied up. If she's telling people to call him, the two are likely on speaking terms.

I ended up with all my drums, a vintage car, my daily driver, the house with a mortgage, and a company we owned together that was in debt and fading into the sunset. She got our townhouse and its mortgage, her car, plus a nice big check from me, and continued spousal support. She didn't want ANY of the possessions I identified with (like drums), because she didn't want to catch any of my cooties.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I think I'd leave this one alone. Too much drama for my taste.

tris66

Reaction score
The fact that she blithely told the OP to contact her ex implies that it's at least conceivable that the former couple are on speaking terms. Maybe he's out of state, and she's selling it for him. Maybe he agreed to let her have it as part of the settlement. Maybe he gave up drumming altogether. Everyone is jumping to a stereotypical conclusion.
I didn't jump to that conclusion, but I had one foot forward. That is why I asked the question. And this (with others) is a good answer. Hold your assumptions until you have more information. Having been robbed by an ex I might have assumptions and I'll be glad to admit it.
I was more interested in people's ideas on what the drum size/model might be.
My thread title might be a bit click-baity. I blame Vistalite Black's bad influence.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If I had a wife and she became my ex an then if she started selling my drum stuff.. The wife would be sued for sure for every penny she made me lose.. Seeing stuff like this makes me never want to meet a girl an become their husband.. Cause I'd probably end up killing her if she did something like this...

It's all hypothetical I'm not a psycho I dont tend to get married so I'm not even gonna worry about me ever being in this situation
I suspect a drum or two is a small price to pay to be rid of a hag who no longer has any love for you.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From Neil Diamond, after paying out $150 million to his ex-wife upon their divorce: "She was worth every penny." Some people have different views about divorcing.

Maybe, to this ex-husband, she was worth every lug bolt, shell and strainer?

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just called her up and said b**** are you selling my drum gear and she said i have no idea what you’re talking about.

tris66

Reaction score
From Neil Diamond, after paying out $150 million to his ex-wife upon their divorce: "She was worth every penny." Some people have different views about divorcing.

Maybe, to this ex-husband, she was worth every lug bolt, shell and strainer?
IMO Neil is a class act. Back when I was working at Gibson Neil's tech was having problems with the electronics in his black J-180 Everly Brothers. I spent some time on the phone trouble shooting with the tech (also a class act.) The problem got solved. About a week later a letter thanking 'us' and some autographed photos of Neil showed up in the mail. (I think I still have the photo.) Whether it was Neil himself or one of his assistants who did that is pretty irrelevant to me. Hiring the right people to represent you is a reflection of your own character. In the 10ish years I was there that was the only time I saw any lowly peons get any direct appreciation from an endorser. Class act, Neil.
...And I still think some women ARE worth the scars they leave...

kdgrissom

Reaction score
"Never get married. Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house"

Having been through the divorce ringer (with kids involved), I love this joke.

Latest posts