Your favorite cheap pedal

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the Yamaha FP7210. Its not the smoothest pedal out there but it does feel like home under my feet. Super Durable, reliable, light in my hardware bag and easy to replace if i needed a new one.

I do like the look of the PDP concept chain pedal and both Pearl and Tama's cheaper options. but haven't got to try them yet.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Recently went back to using a mid level Pdp pedal. It's really a great pedal especially for the money. I think I got the double pedal for about 200. It isn't the cheapest thing they make but it isn't what they put the DW name plate on either. Good pedal. Nice feel, enough adjustments for me

Pibroch

Reaction score
Tama 310 series Speed Cobra single BD pedal - has strangely made me change from heel up to mostly heel down, which I’d previously never felt comfortable with. (Compared it with the 910 series in the store: the 310 felt better, played better, and was less than half the price.)

Last edited:

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think ANY modern pedal based on the (now) ancient design of two uprights, two good bearings, and a side-mounted adjustable spring will easily do the trick.

We have the old Camco, the Tama\Yamaha\everyone else copies of that basic design.

They all work well, simple adjustments, zero maintenance, foldable\portable....etc etc etc

Maybe not the best pedal for speed metal, but tried and true.

audiochurch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yamaha 6110. Strap drive, light weight, collapsible, smooth, quick and quiet. Oh, and about 20-30 bucks used. Love it.
If you want a Sonor Perfect Balance but don´t want to spend the money, get this. It´s really close.
I have one of these too. Love it

2mm2

Reaction score
My one it’s the pearl P-120
It’s my cheaper and my expensive hahaha it’s the only one that I have

deegeebee

Reaction score
My vote is for the Yamaha FP7210. Its not the smoothest pedal out there but it does feel like home under my feet. Super Durable, reliable, light in my hardware bag and easy to replace if i needed a new one.

I do like the look of the PDP concept chain pedal and both Pearl and Tama's cheaper options. but haven't got to try them yet.
That is what I use most of the time too. Tried a few "fancy" pedals over the years but always used to get lost in all the settings. This basic Yamaha and an old vintage Tama ended up winning out because they are smooth, simple to set up and adjust and light.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yamaha 6110. Strap drive, light weight, collapsible, smooth, quick and quiet. Oh, and about 20-30 bucks used. Love it.
If you want a Sonor Perfect Balance but don´t want to spend the money, get this. It´s really close.
I've kept one of those in my van as a backup for years , sat down at a buddys kit last year that had the same pedal on it .
It's my main pedal now , I can play stuff on it that I simply can't on other pedals .