Your favorite cheap pedal

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used one of these Pulse pedals on an E-kit at our guitarist's home for a couple of years. I own 2 DW5000 and a Yamaha FP9310 pedal, and I would use one of these at a gig without question. They are really well built, and quite similar to the 5000s, but can be found for under $40.

1586455909110.png

Last edited:

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
WFL Speedking - paid $4.99 at the Salvation Army Thrift Store .

The old TAMA Flexiflyers were pretty lively too .

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Camco pedal players, have you found anything modern that plays similar ?

AustinFitz

Reaction score
I've really been enjoying this early '90s Pearl P-792TW double pedal lately. Picked it up off eBay, took it all apart, cleaned and lubricated all of the moving parts, then reassembled. They're buttery smooth now! They do lack a beater angle adjustment, but I plan to upgrade a few parts to remedy that.

zujey02fsxbnnzaamxuy.jpg

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the Yamaha FP7210. Its not the smoothest pedal out there but it does feel like home under my feet. Super Durable, reliable, light in my hardware bag and easy to replace if i needed a new one.

I think I have about 3 of these 7210s in my stash. I love them. I use them for my electronic kit, for my bop kit, and whenever I need to bring a quick backup. My main pedal is the FP-9, but the 7210 is at every gig, at the ready, in case the FP-9 goes down (that hasn't happened yet).

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pearl P930, great pedal for under $100, the Yamaha everyone else listed is awesome too.
Ed

If this model came in a log board version I think it would be as good as most high cost models,.. but yeah,.. have one of these and there is certainly nothing wrong with it..

Slingwig26

Reaction score
My vote is for the Yamaha FP7210. Its not the smoothest pedal out there but it does feel like home under my feet. Super Durable, reliable, light in my hardware bag and easy to replace if i needed a new one.

I do like the look of the PDP concept chain pedal and both Pearl and Tama's cheaper options. but haven't got to try them yet.
Mine is an old Pearl single chain. Not sure model. Got it for $25.00 at used music store. Perfectly smooth and responsive.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
When my drum teacher back in 2001 or so, changed endorsements, he sold me two of his Pearl P101 double pedals. They were like new back then, and have been rock solid, reliable, silent, smooth and never missed a beat. All the adjustments are in the middle, where they were, when they left the factory. I've never considered changing them, what ain't broke.

ajtungeef

Reaction score
okay, i know you said new but i purchased a rebuilt ludwig speed king ( there are rebuild parts available for them) and i find it smooth and fast. it's a direct drive.

RedeyeSPR

Reaction score
Yamaha 6110. Strap drive, light weight, collapsible, smooth, quick and quiet. Oh, and about 20-30 bucks used. Love it.
If you want a Sonor Perfect Balance but don´t want to spend the money, get this. It´s really close.
Here it is for anyone interested.

I can’t seem to find them sold alone, just with this throne for $90. I got this for use on a mounted cowbell, but it works just as well as my strap drive Yamaha 8500 as a main pedal. The throne kind of sucks by the way. It’s very short and the seat is thin. I use it for my laptop, which works well.
F8CC93EF-A046-4290-A76A-56A18EEF0D42.jpeg

Latest posts