Your favorite freebie that you still use.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I still use the Pearl stick bag that came free with the drums. If it aint broke, dont fix it. I think, given the trim colors, this could have been easily labeled a Gretsch too.
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up until a bit ago, I had a set of LP Brass Timbales given to me by Kaman Music for my birthday. Long story, there. I handed them to an individual in need for a season. Suffice it to say, they were the LP current top of the line offering when gifted and I have played the snot out of them for years and years. It is an unbelievably nice sounding instrument. Love a great timbale.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My "Chinese Freebie" crash cymbal, gifted me by a sympathetic visiting player after my cymbal bag got nicked out of my car in Tucson. That thing is thin, dark as a black cat on a moonless night, and ..... it was cracked (fixed that). I bought him din-din ......

I'll post a pic when I get home ..... I'm 3000 mi away ........ !

PS: here 'tis ....... 1020 g of dark Asian trashiness

Mike
B30F9C26-DC14-4523-8629-5ED881A2E00B.jpeg

Last edited:

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My 14" Sabian Sizzle hats and My 20" Sabian Aax metal ride. Both gifted to me by drummer friends that didn't use them anymore. Also a DW 5000 single pedal, from a friend who was getting a double pedal and didn't need the single anymore. Good people!

I've gifted a Tama 13" piccolo snare and a boom stand in the past.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
8x14 Brady Jarrah my wife got me for my 30th birthday.
5.5x14 Pearl Masters my wife got me for our anniversary.
Meinl Classic Custom Dark set (16”, 18”, 14” hats, 20” ride) also gifted by my wife.
DW 5000 throne from my wife. (Notice a trend yet? LOL)

Vintage Paiste 2002 Crash/Ride and 14” 602 hats... not from my wife.
Large LP Black Beauty cowbell with mount.
Older model Premier snare stand.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
14 x5.5 Gretsch hammered steel snare I won at a Stanton Moore clinic. It’s been my #1 ever since, although the Pearl Steve Feronne signature snare my dad gave me has been seeing action too.
1564934353914.jpeg

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
In my earlier reply I interpreted "freebies" as being drum items that were won as prizes or thrown in by a manufacturer or drum shop as an incentive when buying other gear. I hadn't considered gifts from family and friends. Otherwise I would've gone with the '65 Ludwig Super Classic kit (minus cymbals and hardware) that was gifted to me by my cousin last September. I can't imagine ever receiving a better freebie in my lifetime unless Robert Irsay decides to gift me Ringo's Ed Sullivan kit.
Ludwigs.JPG

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When my grandfather passed, he left all his grand kids $1000. I spend $500 on a used DW Edge snare. Have since had it re-wrapped (it was a natural wood finish). Sounds phenomenal! I wont ever need another drum as long as I live. Thanks Gramps!

Attachments

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My gf gave me an Ahead cymbal bag several years ago. It's been in constant use ever since, and will probably outlive me.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
20" K Crash Ride that Bongo Congo gave me for Christmas a few years back

Other Freebies:
6.5x14 Ludwig 402, 8x12 blue shadow NAMM display tom (I guess is what it is), a couple of Ludwig snare cases...all straight from the factory (cheaper that way according to Johnny Cash)

SM57 my Brother in Law gave me when I started gigging, he said I needed a good snare mic and would never need another

1st chair Tama throne I won from Dimag when he held a contest here about 10 years ago to guess sales numbers, total random guess and won a set of heads of my choice when I asked if he had this throne in stock he said I could have it instead of the heads.