Your favorite photo of your favorite drummer

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
There's so much talk lately about what Phil Collins doesn’t have (as if he needs anyone to defend his legacy or the heavy acclaim for his recent tour), but I'd like to show what he DOES have.

I really like this picture. It's a rare shot of the man with all five of his children, taken around 10 years ago at the Tower of London.

_92012716_ba39ffe6-db67-416a-a6e5-c8ce65ad46fd.jpg

If anyone remembers the pictures of Simon and Joely as little kids from his “Face Value” album interior, they flank the back row. Joely was a lucky little toddler who got to accompany her dad to the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway rehearsals at Headley Grange. Meanwhile, Simon appeared in the Genesis song "Please Don't Ask" from Duke, when Phil sings, "Oh, but I miss my boy. I hope he's good as gold."

Actress Lily stands next to Phil.

His boys Nicholas and Matthew are on his other side. That's current Genesis tour drummer, Nicholas in the blue cap, by the way. He's come a long way in 10 years, I'd say.

Simon has drummed a long time and records his own prog/rock/pop, featuring guest appearances from his father, as well as sharing the stage with Steve Hackett.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited: