Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Esotericdrums

Reaction score

richiegarcia4

Reaction score
Just bought a Holy Grail Turkish 22" from my local guy at Round Sound Cymbals in Oakland. He also installed rivets for me.
I love these cymbals. Every time I go to his shop, I try out several cymbals, but always walk away with a Cymbal and Gong.
Gonna try it out with my combo this weekend.

holyGrail22.jpg

holyGrail22a.jpg

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Was it sitting at a local music shop for a while? Or did you get it online?
Was at Starving Musician in Berkeley for over a year in a big pile.
I played it and went hmm...
Finally went OK ,might as well.

tbird8450

Reaction score
I finally waded into the K Con pool with a 20" Medium, which is scratching my latest jazz ride itch:

I typically find the line to have an overwhelming wash, which isn't normally to my tastes, but this one is more mellow with a nice classic, sorta-generic-in-a-good way jazz tone that I'm looking for.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice 3a. And those are hard to run across compared to the 3b, 3c and the 4's. Nicely done.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Found a sweet deal on this used 18" K Constantinople crash to further expand my K Con setup. It's 1307g, and very bendy and flexible with a buttery feel. It compliments my 22" MTL and 20" Bounce very nicely. I'd love to get some matching hats one day (cha-ching!), but for the moment am using some 13" small stamp As with them. Thanks to Rockit music out in B.C. for a great deal on a great cymbal!

Attachments

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this Paiste 400 series, 22" ride. One of the older B8 series made in West Germany. Bought it for a jazz ride to compliment my Paiste Prototype 20" ride, and so far it really fills the bill. Really nice sounding cymbal IMHO. You can read my little review of this cymbal in the thread, "Theory about Paiste 400s" here in the Cymbal Talk sub-forum.

IMG_20210603_160846.jpg