Your latest cymbal purchase.....

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a new 18” Paiste Signature Reflector Heavy Full Crash and a new 19” Paiste Signature Prototype Crash. These are both duplicates of two cymbals that I already own, but these weights are less (1504g & 1594g) and the pitches are way lower/deeper for these two crashes. Also, my first 19” Prototype Crash is heavy, while this one is more of a medium-thin fast crash. This 19” Prototype sounds way darker and dirty with a quicker decay. None of the four crashes sound the same.

Gregdc

Reaction score
Not purchased it yet....but for christ sake, will someone decide for me whether I should buy a 20" K Sweet (which I've already owned and recently cracked on the bow) or a 20" K Dark Thin Crash?

I play semi-heavy progressive rock. I'm incredibly terrible at making decisions.

Thank you.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not purchased it yet....but for christ sake, will someone decide for me whether I should buy a 20" K Sweet (which I've already owned and recently cracked on the bow) or a 20" K Dark Thin Crash?

I play semi-heavy progressive rock. I'm incredibly terrible at making decisions.

Thank you.
The Sweet can function as both a crash and a ride.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Gregdc,

I see the phrases, "semi-heavy progressive rock" and "K Dark Thin Crash" not pairing together well.
I used to have a 15" K Dark Crash (before they were separated into thin and medium thin weights) and I found it to be a rather light cymbal.
My 15 was more akin to a splash than a crash.
Given that, I'd say, get the K Sweet.

Elvis

Reaction score
0930210331a.jpg

Got what I needed to match the 12" cajon hats and 22" rock ride. These are my first introduction to the Paiste "sound edge" hi hats. Eventually I would like to acquire higher grade cymbals but these do me just fine for now. I can't complain, being hardly more than an obsessed hobbyist! Love your drums!

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score

Thank you.
So did you get the K Sweet?

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I visited forum member Murat’s shop today and he had a couple cymbals that really impressed me so I bought them . Going to use them Saturday for the two gigs I have scheduled .They are :

20” Sabian HHX Legacy ride - it is quite thin , crashable with nice stick definition and a very tall large bell that is very cutting . I love crashable rides and this really fits the bill . I think it will be great for my Big Band gigs .

18” HHX Complex thin crash - I have had my eye on this for awhile and it is such a sweet sounding crash that I can use for anything .
BA0872B2-D4D7-4036-A994-7EE39E5DF509.jpeg
D72368D5-6C06-4B9B-A5B3-8803F3CD90FF.jpeg

Last edited: