header.nohb.html

Your latest cymbal purchase.....

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks glorious, Patrick. I really, really like the Masters. They sound clean, but ... old(?).

Question - have you played a Trad China/Swish? How do those compare with the ME China?

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is not a production line Bos but a clone of a 22 2000g new stamp K which was used for the cup and profile. Roughly the same weight. Coming in from a shop in Ohio probably this week.
Wow - looks awesome. A clone of a K of yours?

Ptrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks glorious, Patrick. I really, really like the Masters. They sound clean, but ... old(?).

Question - have you played a Trad China/Swish? How do those compare with the ME China?
I bought a Masters Swish originally (the trad swishes are long discontinued). On its own, it sounded great. At full volume with the other cymbals, it was almost indistinguishable. It’s tone is so dark and lush, it couldn’t seem to break through the volume threshold. For jazz, it would be great, but that’s very little of what I do anymore. The ME China has much more of a China sound, is plenty loud, but is also very smooth for a China. It mixes much better with the other cymbals for what I need them to do (Funk/blues/some jazzy stuff)

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a Masters Swish originally (the trad swishes are long discontinued). On its own, it sounded great. At full volume with the other cymbals, it was almost indistinguishable. It’s tone is so dark and lush, it couldn’t seem to break through the volume threshold. For jazz, it would be great, but that’s very little of what I do anymore. The ME China has much more of a China sound, is plenty loud, but is also very smooth for a China. It mixes much better with the other cymbals for what I need them to do (Funk/blues/some jazzy stuff)
Thanks. I have a swish on order from Nolan, but I always get the itch when I see a Trad swish. I may keep my eye open for a Masters, also. My group is fairly quiet (horns generally unmic'd, for example.)

Ptrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a swish on order from Nolan, but I always get the itch when I see a Trad swish. I may keep my eye open for a Masters, also. My group is fairly quiet (horns generally unmic'd, for example.)
When I was looking up the swishes, I found one on Guitar Center (trad swish). Bought it, and a trad crash showed up. Good old Guitar Center bait and switch. So I ordered the Masters swish. Great cymbal, just didn’t fit my needs.

Reactions: TPC

curly

Reaction score
View attachment 529454

This is not a production line Bos but a clone of a 22 2000g new stamp K which was used for the cup and profile. Roughly the same weight. Coming in from a shop in Ohio probably this week.

I like this cymbal. A different Bosphorus. Dig the profile...reminiscent to some block stamps I've seen. For such a thin cymbal (2042g) it has a really present stick and stick response, particularly in the outer half of the cymbal, bell is nice and crisp, and it has a lush crash.

IMG-2935.jpg

Jhouse86

Reaction score
Sabian HHX evolutions on the way! 14 hats, 17&19 crashes with a 22 ride.

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Jumped on a Black Friday deal and picked up this Zildjian Renaissance 22 for a nice price. For these, 2600 grams seems to be the sweet spot where they are most versatile. I have a thinner one I’ll probably let go after I get this one. Nice and trashy.

How much thinner?

MAL 51

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought some new Paiste masters -22 Dark crash/ride ,22 Dark ride , 22 swish. Already have Paiste master 20 dry ride , 21 extra dry (8 rivets ) 22 dry ride , and 24 2002 ride. Love them all

MidiFinger

Reaction score
I got a Sabian Chopper on Ebay for about 60 ish bucks, I really like that... then a last week I found a guy on Craigslist list selling five Zildjians for 15 bucks for the lot, lol, I couldn't believe it... a 14" thin crash, two 16" crashes, 20" ride and a china type too... some of them had some keyholing one had a crack and a had a ½" by 2" arc missing from one edge.... but hey, those will make great trash stacks. Still can't believe I was the first guy to jump on that deal.

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited: