Your latest cymbal purchase.....

richiegarcia4

Reaction score
My latest CL score: only $200. It's 1600g. It's very bright and very quiet; a bit of a Max Roach vibe. I drilled for a rivet when I got it home. This is easily the quietest non-flat ride I have in my collection. Doesn't sound very complex at first listen, but I never really know how I feel about a cymbal until I've played it for a few months, and with a band.

bosphorus.jpg

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me… heard this on Gerry’s site and fell in love. The last thing I needed was another ride but this one just spoke to me… makes me just want to play Riders On The Storm over and over again!

24” Masterwork, 3776 grams, Gerry makes it sound way better than I can:
BED22DFB-F9E2-4E8E-BBFC-4AAC2DCF3AAC.jpeg

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that one, its a beauty. I picked up one of Gerry's paper-thin Masterwork crashes a few weeks back. I'm a longtime fan of his and am really digging these cymbals, they are a bargain. Enjoy that beast!

Merry Christmas to me… heard this on Gerry’s site and fell in love. The last thing I needed was another ride but this one just spoke to me… makes me just want to play Riders On The Storm over and over again!

24” Masterwork, 3776 grams, Gerry makes it sound way better than I can:
View attachment 534900

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that one, its a beauty. I picked up one of Gerry's paper-thin Masterwork crashes a few weeks back. I'm a longtime fan of his and am really digging these cymbals, they are a bargain. Enjoy that beast!
Yeah I have a 22” Masterwork crash and a massive 26” crash/ride that is sharing the stand with this new ride. They fly under the radar for sure, which I’m happy about… and Gerry gets some really cool one-offs!
72F8560A-575D-4BA2-9AAE-6F1EA350C545.jpeg

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got a 17” Sabian HH Sound Control crash on the way.
Got it today and I can or could play any gig I would ever get with it, my 20” HH Light Ride and 13” HH Light hats. It has a fundamentally high tone when hit normally and a lower smokey sound when hit on the edge. It also rides pretty good. Love it.

Redfern

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a 22” Masterwork crash and a massive 26” crash/ride that is sharing the stand with this new ride. They fly under the radar for sure, which I’m happy about… and Gerry gets some really cool one-offs!
View attachment 534912
Masterwork Cymbal brothers unite!!!! 10 rides from 18” up to 26” and a pair of [email protected] hats. I agree, far under the radar. Let’s keep it that way…ooops.

Last edited:

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score

Follow up - Funny thing happened. They weren't 70's at all they were 50's haha. What threw me ,seller said bought new in '71 which is entirely possible these sat on shelf or in a bin for a decade. Stamps are similar ( Zen was the only one of yous that picked up on it!)
Anyways was looking forward to a lighter 70’s set rarely see them although I'm pretty happy with these just the same, they sound great . on the dry and crunchy side , K like. Beautiful hand work as well.
68301C03-F44C-463B-A65E-A2AAAB5E33C9.jpeg
E3241605-E6EF-4DDE-97E4-58B3DCD85B13.jpeg
B2D550A3-73BA-4499-BF93-AEEA7D2C5709.jpeg
B79BA358-6352-4D0B-BD16-A202A49496A8.jpeg
8FE5C033-522C-4A32-9063-11AEAA7845FF.jpeg
D854983A-507B-4B98-886B-11E4D5B70157.jpeg

DrumTransit

Reaction score
Just traded in some of my Mehmets for my first Agops. Got a 22" Traditional Jazz ride and an 18" Signature Crash. The ride is a little washer than I was expecting, but I found it to be the most versatile for loud and quiet music that I play. I loved the sound of the SE Jazz ride in the store, but had to pass for now. The Sig crash gives a wonderful dark crash sound that reminds me of a vintage Zildjian crash I played with 25 years ago, and it's also great as a darker and drier ride to complement the Traditional Jazz. And nothing wrong with the Mehmet cymbals; they were fantastic, but didn't work with the styles I was playing. Still have the Nostalgia hats, as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• Agop.jpeg
    Agop.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 18

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just traded in some of my Mehmets for my first Agops. Got a 22" Traditional Jazz ride and an 18" Signature Crash. The ride is a little washer than I was expecting, but I found it to be the most versatile for loud and quiet music that I play. I loved the sound of the SE Jazz ride in the store, but had to pass for now. The Sig crash gives a wonderful dark crash sound that reminds me of a vintage Zildjian crash I played with 25 years ago, and it's also great as a darker and drier ride to complement the Traditional Jazz. And nothing wrong with the Mehmet cymbals; they were fantastic, but didn't work with the styles I was playing. Still have the Nostalgia hats, as shown in the picture.
Cool. I’m loving Agops more and more and slowly replacing cymbals from other brands that I thought I would never get rid of.

DrumTransit

Reaction score
Cool. I’m loving Agops more and more and slowly replacing cymbals from other brands that I thought I would never get rid of.
Yeah, I one the cymbals I traded in was a 50's Mehmet Nostalgia ride that I loved and thought I'd keep, but I bought it used and slightly damaged, which always kinda bothered me. Maybe I'll pick up a clean one down the road. But I've been wanting to try Agops for a while now, and am happy I did! Also, as some others on the thread have mentioned, I give a lot of credit to Gerry's website and demo-ing for introducing me to the Istanbul brands (both Mehmet and Agop).

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I one the cymbals I traded in was a 50's Mehmet Nostalgia ride that I loved and thought I'd keep, but I bought it used and slightly damaged, which always kinda bothered me. Maybe I'll pick up a clean one down the road. But I've been wanting to try Agops for a while now, and am happy I did! Also, as some others on the thread have mentioned, I give a lot of credit to Gerry's website and demo-ing for introducing me to the Istanbul brands (both Mehmet and Agop).
My new favorite cymbals are the Agop Cindy Blackman OM 22” ride and 15” hats. I prefer crashable rides to crashes so am not going to get an OM crash. They are absolutely amazing and I’ve never ever played or heard anything like them before. I also own and love the Xist hats and rides.