header.nohb.html

Your latest cymbal purchase.....

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Dang, I was debating for a couple of weeks and didn't do it. I needed some crashes so I got those on Saturday. Both nearly new, 18" A thin crash and a 18" K dark thin crash. Completed 2 crash sets with them.

JH
The tipping point for me, aside from the new, reduced price that was posted, is the cymbal weighed in at close to 100 grams per inch. For Zildjians (in my experience) that is a magic ratio for rides from any era and family. Like all of my recent cymbal purchases I didn't need it, but saw no harm in grabbing it.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aw man, don't lay down yet!
Head down to your local post office and inquire about the whereabouts of you package. Give them the tracking number and let them run with it.
It may have fallen behind a bin or something and no one's noticed it yet.
Either way, they should be able to do something for you.
Don't give up on this yet. What would David Soul think?!

Update- though it never had tracking info the splash arrived while I was on vacation. Looks good! I’ll post pics at some point soon.

type85

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
;)

1660755659760.png

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of this 18" A Medium-Thin crash last week. It's now one of three 18" A crashes up on my set — two Medium-Thins (1373 g and 1339 g) and a Thin (1249 g).

In my cymbal bag I also have another 18" A Medium-Thin Crash (1487 g)* and an 18" A Avedis Crash (1299 g). (OK, so I like 18s...)

*At 1487 g it's really a Medium Crash.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Most recognized sound of the past 50 years, at least, is an 18" A. Zildjian Medium-Thin Crash.
Nice grab hsosdrum. :thumbup:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I took delivery of this 18" A Medium-Thin crash last week. It's now one of three 18" A crashes up on my set — two Medium-Thins (1373 g and 1339 g) and a Thin (1249 g).

In my cymbal bag I also have another 18" A Medium-Thin Crash (1487 g)* and an 18" A Avedis Crash (1299 g). (OK, so I like 18s...)

*At 1487 g it's really a Medium Crash.

Why so many? Do they all sound distinct?

Goldsoundzzz

Reaction score
Trying out yet another ride cymbal.
Recently ran across mention of "Turkish" brand cymbals.
Decided to look deeper into this brand and ran across their Cappadocia rides.
Parused a couple of YT vids, liked what I heard, but prices are a bit much for my wallet, so I sat on it for a while.
Last night, watching some videos and there were those Cappadocia rides again. Checked Reverb and noticed Drum Center of Portsmouth had one a little cheaper than the others were offering it for, so I pulled the trigger.
Today, I got confirmation on a tracking number....for my Flat Ride.
WHAT?! I ordered a regular ride!
I looked back at an earlier confirmation from Reverb and sure enough, Flat Ride.....crap...:banghead:
So I called DCP and talked to Barrett.
Man, this guy was ON IT.
I explained my mistake and he pulled the cymbal, as it hadn't gone out yet.
He tried to replace it with a regular Cappadocia ride, but the only one they had left was already spoken for.
I was going to cancel my order and ask for a refund, but then figured the order had already been setup, why not just replace it with another cymbal.
So, I asked about a Millennium Ride (also made by Turkish) and he said it was crashable.
Good enough for me. The rest is empirical anyway, so as long as I can crash it, I'll take a chance.
...AND...$40 cheaper, so I got a little refund anyway.
I should have the cymbal (22" Turkish Millennium Ride) by around the end of the week.
If you ever have to deal with DCP, make sure to ask for Barrett. Guy is a drum/cymbal order GOD! Super easy to work with and he got things done quickly and competently.
Couldn't be happier with DCP. Thanks Barrett! :thumbright:

Elvis
Received it yet? I'm interested in this brand as well.

Johnny 20

Reaction score
My latest ride is blowing my mind. This Zildjian K Light 22" is nothing less than beautiful no matter which stick, brush, or mallet I put to it. Crashes wonderfully, too. Aside from my Kerope 22 it's perhaps the most expressive cymbal that I've ever played.

Hazim

Reaction score
Last purchase was K dry 14 hihats replacing my old 13 Istambul Agop Turks, but it is a pair, so the last single cymbal was Anatolian dry ride 24". It is not dry. It is very dark and sensitive. If you play it to hard it goes to wash quite quickly actually and has looooong sustain. So, not really what I was hoping for but it is great cymbal anyway and fits to my setup perfectly. It is a great crash too. I just need to use some moon gel sometimes to really make it dry if I need to.

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why so many? Do they all sound distinct?
The two Medium-Thins are similar, but they're distinct sounding to me and they sound distinct when I record my drums. But more importantly, I have a very large setup (drum riser minimum is 8' wide by 6' deep) with five crashes, so I have one M-T on my left and the other on my right. That way I can access that M-T crash sound no matter what I'm playing without having to reach very far.

The Thin I have up is quite a bit lower in pitch than the M-Ts, and works best at the end of a phrase as kind of a "final statement". The 1487 g M-T sounded good in the drum shop, but after using it for 18 months I just couldn't get it to quite fit in — its attack is too hard and pitch a bit too high for me. The A Avedis is very similar to the Thin that I'm currently using. I bought that one first but again, wasn't quite satisfied with its sound — not quite enough clarity in its attack and it's decay is too dissonant. (What can I say, I'm picky...)

I'll keep the ones I'm not using (I also have some 17s and a 16 in my bag) in case I ever find myself in a situation where their sound would work for me. (After all, you can never have too many cymbals.)

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
The two Medium-Thins are similar...I have one M-T on my left and the other on my right. That way I can access that M-T crash sound no matter what I'm playing without having to reach very far.
That's a Charlie Watts thing. He used to run two 17" A crashes for a while and that was his reason why, too.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Received it yet? I'm interested in this brand as well.
UPDATE: Cymbal arrived today.
Nice cymbal. Not trashy, but very light.
Haven't weighed it (yet), but I guesstimate its somewhere in the 2200 gram range.
Quite rounded profile. Good bell, semi-integrated but it still stands out.
Takes a little control or gets pretty washy pretty fast, but its not nearly as bad as the two Dream Bliss rides I have.
Not too difficult to control, though.
Oddly enough, the crash is a little "gongy". I expected it to be more "crashy". =)
I would say ping/wash ratio is about 55/45. The ping is there, but its balanced by a lot of wash (hint: played with Zildjian 5A nylon tip).
We'll see how long this one lasts with me, but so far, I'm liking it.

...and if anyone's interested, I now have a 22" Sabian AAX Thin Ride for sale. About 2500 grams.

Last edited: