Your latest cymbal purchase.....

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
MisterNobody777 said:
i got a 22" from classic vintage drums. I went on a bit of a G.A.S. rampage.. got the 20" K @1767g, a 22" trans @ 2270g, a 20" A @1965g supposedly owned by Barrett Deems, and the one below. I can pic and choose which ones I will keep and sell one or two most likely... they are all winners though!!
Keep them all
Keep both 22"?
Which other 22 did you get? I've got various 20s and 22s that I like to use on different things. Some old and some new.

drumhead

Jer-ry! Jer-ry!
Reaction score
I got an 18" Wuhan thin crash I was pleasantly surprised with; I expected it to sound like a trash can lid.
I ordered a china, but got the crash. Seller took $ off for mix up so I pretty much got it for price of shipping. Not bad at all. I've had it on the stand at home, and will take it out for first time this Sat.

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
20" Paiste Signature Dark Full Ride...the last of a big Paiste purchase frenzy (3 rides, 2 hats, 3 crashes) over the past 8 months.

R

RickP

We need pictures or we don;t believe you B !
bbunks said:
20" Paiste Signature Dark Full Ride...the last of a big Paiste purchase frenzy (3 rides, 2 hats, 3 crashes) over the past 8 months.

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
RickP said:

Ha! Make that 3 pairs of hats! Forgot about one. Photos next week when I get back from Seattle.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
bbunks said:

Ha! Make that 3 pairs of hats! Forgot about one. Photos next week when I get back from Seattle.

You know you've bought too many cymbals when you start forgetting about some of them....

A Sig Dark 20" just turned up here in NZ on our local auction site. I was intrigued because you hardly see them here.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=642478899

That's a price in NZ dollars, so about $288 Yankee Dollars today. I tried to look up the sound at Paiste and was surprised to find they only have the 21" Dark Full in the "discontinued sound files"

http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/sounds/discontinued/signature/

So I'm curious about how different the 20" and 21" are pitchwise. Not that I'm itching to buy it. I've taken the pledge. :happy11:

Valsmann

Reaction score
Just bought a set of 15" 2002 sound edge hats from a forum member.I now have switched entirerly to Paiste.And im not looking back.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have over the course of the past 2 weeks bought a pile of Paiste prototypes. I picked up a 20" ride that is bright, a 20" ride that is dark and wobbly, and 18" crash that wants to be a K, an 18" crash that is really thin and glassy, a 16" crash that's just a 16" crash, a 20" china that's the greatest china ever, an 11" splash, and 16" hi hats. I also picked up 14" sig sound edge hats and 18" Twenty china (both used).

I hadn't planned on all those purchases but GC was having a sale on prototypes (buy one, get one free), so I felt compelled to clean the Peoria store out. The used ones just looked lonely there and the price was right. If I didn't buy them then someone who would abuse them would have.

My wife doesn't get it though.

speedking

Reaction score
Picked up a Paiste 602 22" nedium [just says medium not medium ride] truly a great cymbal, has a nice crash but will ride as well.

Funny thing is got it of Ebay and it was described as an 18" crash i was very happy when i opened the package to find a mint 22" medium 602 black label 1970s version, one happy camper!

Dardrum

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls,,,yesterday I went out to get the mail,,,low and behold on the front porch was a package,,,Inside the package was a 21 1/2" UFIP Italian ride cymbal (Pyramid stamp) from maybe before I was born,,,It appears to be in better shape than me,,,lol. One of my famous videos has been posted,,,,I know I know I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUrgSye_YB4Iz2zMlnfcdD3A&v=hYz5w8aEbAk

I see my regular Dardrum user id was not used here,,,,so for the record,,,THIS IS DARDRUM lol

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Dar! You made it. The hat is back. :hello1:

That pyramid UFiP has some interesting similarities to my "shiny" one (which is 50 cm aka 19.7 cm). In both of them it seems like the perceived pitch of the bell and the crash aren't much different from the mid bow when you ride it. I don't know what it is about their shape and taper which achieves that. It certainly contrasts with many other cymbals I've got including my other two UFiPs.

Another similarity is the effect of the little bit of moon gel. If I stick a small piece of tape on mine in a similar position it has a similar large effect on how much wash there is.

What's the tasty trashy crash on your right just out of camera frame there? One of the other Italians?

Dardrum

Reaction score
Thanks Zen,,,the crash is a Zancki f&f Vibra,,,Paper paper thin. I just looked at the back of the cymbal for a weight and I never put it on a scale. Weight to follow lol. Yes,,,that hat is back lol

Yes a little moon gel here and their makes a big difference.

kplante

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It was either an 18" Med Thin Sabian Crash (my first Sabian btw) or a set of hollow logo Zildjian hats 14". Can't remember if they were New Beats or not.

Dardrum

Reaction score
Zen, a follow up on the 16" Zanchi crash you mentioned from the above video,,,it's 935 grams but seem so much thinner.

Latest posts