Your latest cymbal purchase.....

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Dale said:
Zen, a follow up on the 16" Zanchi crash you mentioned from the above video,,,it's 935 grams but seem so much thinner.
Thanks Dale, 935g is plenty thin in my book. That Vibra hath a great balance between snarl and smooth. An excellent foil to the "steady as she goes" UFiP ride.

JeffCosgrove

Reaction score
Speaking of UFIP (I always do), I just bought a second hand 8" Brilliant series splash. Perfection at $40 shipped with ink intact.

JeffCosgrove

Reaction score
Well, the splash isn't exactly a rarity. Just a standard production Brilliant series. It does however fill a certain need for me on the kit. Does it quite nicely in fact. Now I need another cymbal grabber so I can play all of these nice toys at the same time without having to swap anything out.

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffCosgrove

Reaction score
Dale said:
Jeff,,,you da man,,,,,,,,Love to hear that bad boy,,,hint lol
zenstat said:
+1 for hearing that 'FIP.

@ k_50 : very pretty looking Trans stamp. Any chance of hearing that one?
Well, how about I post this short clip of the "Zanki" Professional hats that I scored. Sweet weights at 860/1271. No laughing at the clip. I tried to churn out a sound clip while playing barefoot. Not recommended, unless you always play barefoot.

Formula428

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Most recent was the 18 k med-thin crash. Very nice. Looking to a 22" k ride, 22" dark metal ride, or byzance 20" extra dry thin crash...though it wouldn't match anything else I have

Mart

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Picked up this 20" K on CL has a crack in the bell hole but It's not really that bad, weighs in at around 1910g

Dardrum

Reaction score
jeff_r0x said:
Jeff,,,you da man,,,,,,,,Love to hear that bad boy,,,hint lol
zenstat said:
>+1 for hearing that 'FIP.

@ k_50 : very pretty looking Trans stamp. Any chance of hearing that one?
Well, how about I post this short clip of the "Zanki" Professional hats that I scored. Sweet weights at 860/1271. No laughing at the clip. I tried to churn out a sound clip while playing barefoot. Not recommended, unless you always play barefoot.

Both,,,VERY nice Jeff

R

RickP

Just bought a beautiful 18" Bosphorus Oracle series crash. Very thin, very nice dark crash, lots of edge wobble.

Attachments

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
picked up a 14" trans stamp hat. plan to use it as a bottom to a first stamp that I got last month. kinda like some really old new beats. guess that would make them old new beats!

post office delivered "it" a couple days ago. flat priority box with nothing inside! I emailed the seller. he got with the post office and they found my cymbal and dropped it off today. I thought for sure it was gone.

mike

VintageDrummer

DFO Master
Reaction score
16" thin matched zildjian hats from the 60's. Keepers. Also 15" trans stamp hats also thin...returned them...too high pitch.

The 22" sizzle ride out of the bunch i bought is the unanimous favorite at our household. Myself, my wife, and my daughter all like it the best - even better than the k istanbul

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
MisterNobody777 said:
16" thin matched zildjian hats from the 60's. Keepers. Also 15" trans stamp hats also thin...returned them...too high pitch.

The 22" sizzle ride out of the bunch i bought is the unanimous favorite at our household. Myself, my wife, and my daughter all like it the best - even better than the k Istanbul
what weights are your 16's? ive really been wanting a nice matched pair.

mike

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Couple of recent cymbals that I especially like:

John "JR" Robinson's 22" old K:

And this really nasty, wobbly, warped 22" Hollow Block:

Last edited by a moderator:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
thanks mister!

bill-whats the weight on the hb 22? that's not the one you just sold on your site this past week is it?

mike

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
JR Robinson's Old K? weight and era in case it never makes it to site Bill thxs