Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my special order 15” Paiste 2002 Heavy top hi-hat to pair with my ‘83 Heavy bottom. Paiste discontinued the 15” Heavy and I was having trouble finding a top, especially in decent condition. I’ve been using my 15” SEs with my Bad Co tribute, which Simon did use some, but he also used the Heavy and I think they sound more like him. They sound fantastic!

View attachment 402005View attachment 402004
Nice find. I have a couple different sets of early 90's 14's, and they sound amazing. I haven't played the non SE 15's. If anything, the 14's could use a bit more volume. I'm going to start looking for some non SE 15's. That being said the 15 SE's are my favorite hats, just not for every occasion

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
22" K Constantinople MTL from Drum Center of Portsmouth, NH. Long drive for me but worth it. Great place.
I like the dedication!
Last Sat I drove to dam near Pittsburgh to look at gear. Approx 4 hours each way.

Johnny K

Reaction score
Just got an old school Ringo style crash...pretty excited. Really thin for an old A 20.

It’s like Paul Motian (if I put in rivets) and Ringo combined!

I think I may have bought his big brother, A 22" Avedis Zildjian Ride. I needed a "crashable" ride and for $165 dollars at Chuck Levins (shout out!), I'm not out on a limb with this. Looks like a 60's stamp. I almost didnt see it, it was on a rack outside the cymbal room where I was playing a brand new 22" K Con Ren and 22" K Ride. I saw this, grabbed it, and went back into the cymbal room, mounted all 3 to compare them side by side and I like it. They had it for 180, I asked if I could haggle and he said how about 165 bucks? It was a no brainer. Not sure if I want to clean it or not. It weighs in at around 2665g. Not exactly crashing weight, but its lighter than my 20" K Custom Dry Ride. I only went to Chucks to buy some more Buddy Rich sticks.

Attachments

Last edited:

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Recently made a deal for 3 cracked cymbals...2 were 16s...one was a Paiste Alpha (small edge crack) the other a Sabian AA Medium Thin...the 3rd was a Saiban 12" Sound Control Crash w/a repaired edge.

I took the 16s to practice last night and they sounded really nice together...nice separation (I fixed the Paiste)

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Went to Long & McQuades to pick up a Aquarian Super Kick 1 and saw a pair of Sabian AAX 14" Fast Hats in the used bin for 99 bucks and figured that was a pretty good deal . They're pretty chirpy .

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Up until now, I haven't got any Black Label 2002's. From what friends have described, they're supposed to be a bit darker than 2002's, and a bit more explosive than the GB's. I also like the sizes offered. If I like this, I'll get the 21, and 24

Attachments

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dream Bliss 18" ride model which they don't make anymore, with 6 rivets drilled by previous owner

ZackPomerleau

Reaction score
I just bought a whole new set recently on Reverb and Facebook. I originally purchased a 20" K Custom Dry and 20" K Custom Dark Ride with 14" Dark hi hats. I didn't love the Dark Ride for my set up and stumbled upon a suuuuper cheap 20" Left Side Right. So I'm currently using the Left Side and Custom Dry with the hats.