Your latest cymbal purchase.....

sammy123

Reaction score
So the 602 14" SE hats came yesterday. All I can say is wow!! These may be the best hats I have ever played. The sound edge on these is less pronounced than on the Signature SE bottom I paired with a SF top. These are a lot lighter and mellower. Beautiful sound.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've wanted to try a Sabian Raw Bell Dry Ride, especially an HH version, since they were introduced 1000 years ago. I've played a few of the current-issue RBDRs at Guitar Center, and it seems that Sabian has changed them up a bit to have a more pronounced wash (which I really, really like) along with their beautiful ping . And that BELL!!! But, I simply cannot bring myself to part with $460 for a new one.

Anyway, I had a few bucks stashed back from another sale, so managed to snag this beauty for 1/3 of that price (plus taxes and very reasonable shipping costs). It's hard to imagine that this cymbal is now nineteen years old (2000 model) considering how spotlessly clean it is. All it will take is a light clean with BarKeeper's Friend to restore it to new. (And, yes, I'll mask off the printing. Normally I simply clean the labels off, but this one is too nice. I think I'll keep the ink this time.)

Soundwise, this cymbal is the typical RBDR - lots of ping, very controlled wash that never obscures the stick, and a bell that will ring your ears for days afterward. I don't know if it's a "forever" cymbal yet, but I certainly like it.

GeeDeeEmm

Year 2000 Sabian 21"HH Raw Bell Dry Ride, 3210 grams

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So you know how the story goes... I have an Agop I'm not using, another DFO member has an Agop he's not using and one thing leads to another... soon a trade has occurred and life is all smiles and filled with happy dancing!

Thanks to Cymbalholic for the trade and the awesome 22" Agop Signature! This really filled out my Signature collection as it's a little heaver than most Sigs (2627 grams) with a cleaner, defined body. I love it!

20190915_121831 copy.jpg

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful cymbal. Is there a typo on that weight? At that weight it would sag on the stand and flap in a light breeze.
I was excited to see that you'd made a remark on this cymbal, and you are exactly right - I left off the last digit in the weight. Rather than 321 grams, it should have read 3210 grams. Thanks for the catch.

GeeDeeEmm

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well so much for the Mehmet traditional 13" hi hats that I ordered. The box arrived today with the wrong hats. Amazon screwed up and packed 13" Mehmet Origin Dark hats in a 13" traditional hats bag. Ugh! And you can tell they have been used to top it off. The bag was taped with packing tape. I tried these dark ones out of curiosity and they are, well... Dark! Don't like them at all, they are going back. I checked and they had 1 left in stock. I processed the return and as soon as I did it, it now shows out of stock. So I guess they reserve it for me to ship. Hopefully the replacement is what I actually ordered!
Finally got the right hats from Amazon and they actually did a phenomenal job packing them. I guess when they screw up the order they make the person packaging it to take better care with the replacement. Excellent!

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of a 22" LS1 (mid 50s large stamp aka hollow block stamp) which weighs 2838g. It appeared on our local New Zealand auction site with no info on weight or a sound file. That's the state of selling and buying here, but then prices can be low as well because the vintage market is under developed. It cost me USD161 plus USD17 shipping. It is very nice (after 5 minutes of playing). Feels very different from my 22" Paiste Traditional Medium Light which is the same weight (2840g). Sounds very different as well. Less complex and trashy than the Trad. Nice clean Avedis Zildjian tone.

The bell is 5.5" diameter but it isn't the same shape as the 5.5" bell on my 60s 18" Crash. The 50s version is a little more steep sided and more rounded on top compared to the 60s Crash bell. The 50s bell on this one isn't the bell which seems quite flat on top which is most often seen on 22" Large Stamps. But the bell on my 60s Crash is flat on top. That has me wondering if somebody with one of those 50s bells which is flat on the top could measure the diameter for me. All part of bell research.

I don't buy that many cymbals these days, but this one called to me. Now I've got a 22" a 20" and an 18" in Large Stamps.

22-2838-top.jpg

22-2838-stamp.jpg

22-2838-bell.jpg

Last edited:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Recently a local drum shop here got some Anatolian brand cymbals and after seeing this vid of one of their stock, I ordered one. It is on its way via a delivery service and we will see if it lives up to expectations .....

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The cymbal above arrived. Nice and low pitch and blends with my flat ride well. Nice crash too. A tad too much wash for my taste but a bit of tape made it perfect. Happy.

Hedge

Reaction score
I just got a pair of 1960s 14” Zildjian A hi hats. They sound super crispy

Spow

Reaction score
15” HHX Groove Hats. Contemplating the 22 HHX Complex crash as well

sammy123

Reaction score
Paiste Master Blue Bird Mellow Ride - 20"

I've been buying a lot of washy cymbals lately and decided I needed something that was a bit more defined. This one came up for a good deal so I figured I'd give it a shot. It is really nice. It also seems like it would be a very versatile ride for many styles. It has a nice bell, defined, but not overpowering ping, pretty wash and it crashes well. Mine is on the heavier side of the scale at 2,256 grams. I'm loving it so far.

I have it on the left just above my 22" Masters Thin.

Attachments

Colorado Jay

Reaction score
Just look at these little 602 cuties. Cracked yes, but you don't see them everyday.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across this 70s 22” Zildjian crash with factory ink no less. It’s got some staining and a slight keyhole start but no nicks or dings. Gonna thwack it this weekend and see how quickly the cats run upstairs. BBF31288-4750-4486-A0B6-C7A1CD748835.jpeg2408ADF2-E3BE-475A-8F72-A160610AE43F.jpegF368429E-B0F9-4336-B213-C6600AC508BB.jpeg469F1FB8-272D-4A34-BB0D-E184BC60C153.jpegFCDB4CA8-2383-4DDF-AAD4-1FD25C40F4CE.jpeg1B5277E1-FFFB-41F8-BF1E-191E393E74F2.jpeg