Your latest cymbal purchase.....

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up a Sabian 22" Artisan Medium Ride at a good price from a local Reverb dealer. It's a fantastic ride and I'm now consider selling the other rides I have to buy more in the artisan line.

Does anyone have experience with the artisan crashes?
Artisan crashes are thicker than you would expect - they are wonderful crashes but of you want a quick crash you would be better off going with the HHX Legacy crashes . I have a 19” Artisan crash that is a fantastic Crash/Light ride . It is a very full sounding crash , but also works for a light ride . Think of Mel Lewis’s left side ride back in the day .

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

goodcat1337

Reaction score
Picked up a very slightly used 24” Agop Traditional Dark Ride. Super excited for it. I had one about a year and a half ago, and stupidly got rid of it.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Picked up a very nice 18 Paiste Sound Formula Thin Crash. I've got a rarer than hens teeth 20 THIN Crystal Crash on the way.

Packaging was concerning on this 18. The cymbal was not protected in shipping. It was wrapped in thin brown paper ... the stuff you use in gifts! ... and slipped into a simple flattened out Priority box with that was taped along the edges ... flat. Zero padding. That honestly shocked me.

GREAT cymbal, though.
Fits GREAT with the specific cymbal setup I'm building out.

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 20” Paiste Masters Dark Crisp ride from a seller on Reverb . I had the 23” model previously and like it but found it was a bit too much for me . The 20” should be more polite and better suited to my purposes .

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
The signature, from Timpano Percussion in Montreal, is my first brand new cymbal since buying B8’s back in the day, and the beauty of a Mel Lewis is courtesy of @nchia. I’ve been watching Carter McClean’s playing for a year now to get me through graduate school, and finally decided to get a pair of Agops!
77590AB8-7D93-4927-92EC-A776D140E576.jpeg

marc3k

Reaction score
The signature, from Timpano Percussion in Montreal, is my first brand new cymbal since buying B8’s back in the day, and the beauty of a Mel Lewis is courtesy of @nchia. I’ve been watching Carter McClean’s playing for a year now to get me through graduate school, and finally decided to get a pair of Agops! View attachment 442444
Awesome! Are both 20"? Did you put a rivet into the Mel Lewis?

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
IMMEDIATE Buyers remorse, AND eager excitement.
I have this 22" hollow Stamp a with 2 bell cracks (it seemed like they had started to spread ever so slightly since I bought it and I decided to drill them out). I love the thing, but I also feel bad about wailing on it, and want to kind of save it for special occasions. Playing the 22 after over 12 years of playing 20s as my main ride (various 50s and 70s A' pretty much exlusively, made me really appreciate the bigger rides, and how they sit in the mix, and help blend the band together. Anyway I started browsing 23" A Sweet Rides, as a "big" Old A inspired option that I wouldn't feel bad about laying into to keep up with two guitar players and an organ. A ton of pros seem to recommend it or the 21" as a perfect "just plain ride cymbal ride cymbal. So one came up at a reasonable price on GC.com, and I haven't been able to play in six days due to the new puppy time commitment, and of course haven't played in a band in two months. Even though I absolutely shouldn't be buying new gear right now the G.A.S. hits hard when I can't play as much as I'm used to. So there you have it. I feel like a dumbass - and I'm super excited (I haven't ever had a cymbal bigger than 22" other than a 24" Dream I had for a few months circa 2011)

hatandbeard

Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling virtually everything I own but I came across one heck of a deal on a one-owner 20in Sabian HH hi bell sound control ride.
Ultra rad
1782 grams
Signature under bell
I own two of these the other one is 1952 grams.
Both are incredible. These are hard to find.
I'm selling some of my other Sabian sound control rides and flange rides now, some of them are very early sabians.
Wanted to share thnx!

Attachments

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
IMMEDIATE Buyers remorse, AND eager excitement.
I have this 22" hollow Stamp a with 2 bell cracks (it seemed like they had started to spread ever so slightly since I bought it and I decided to drill them out). I love the thing, but I also feel bad about wailing on it, and want to kind of save it for special occasions. Playing the 22 after over 12 years of playing 20s as my main ride (various 50s and 70s A' pretty much exlusively, made me really appreciate the bigger rides, and how they sit in the mix, and help blend the band together. Anyway I started browsing 23" A Sweet Rides, as a "big" Old A inspired option that I wouldn't feel bad about laying into to keep up with two guitar players and an organ. A ton of pros seem to recommend it or the 21" as a perfect "just plain ride cymbal ride cymbal. So one came up at a reasonable price on GC.com, and I haven't been able to play in six days due to the new puppy time commitment, and of course haven't played in a band in two months. Even though I absolutely shouldn't be buying new gear right now the G.A.S. hits hard when I can't play as much as I'm used to. So there you have it. I feel like a dumbass - and I'm super excited (I haven't ever had a cymbal bigger than 22" other than a 24" Dream I had for a few months circa 2011)
So you got the 23"?! Sweet! I would be excited to hear what you think!

TPC

Reaction score
22” paperthin Trans Stamp A from our own Stpdrummer. It’s spectacular. Unlike most of the extremely thin TSA’s that I get, this one may hang around awhile (sorry guys).

Here it is with a stable of other thin Trannies.

18” 1300 g
22” 2153 g (the new one)
22” 2420 g
24” 2535 g

595B953A-890F-4086-9E04-5C3FEC58759C.jpeg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
22” paperthin Trans Stamp A from our own Stpdrummer. It’s spectacular. Unlike most of the extremely thin TSA’s that I get, this one may hang around awhile (sorry guys).

Here it is with a stable of other thin Trannies.

18” 1300 g
22” 2153 g (the new one)
22” 2420 g
24” 2535 g

View attachment 443904

Awesome! Looks right at home, man. Glad to hear you like it!

That's a lot of sound. What music are you playing these days?

TPC

Reaction score
Awesome! Looks right at home, man. Glad to hear you like it!

That's a lot of sound. What music are you playing these days?
Thanks, DB.

This is not what I would generally use for a session. I set these up just goofing around to show the new cymbal in full regalia.

I’ve been doing some recordings with a couple buddies (who are willing to defy the shelter in place) - original tunes, Americana/Blues/Folk - ish. None of those recordings had anywhere near this much bronze set up.

In the next few weeks I plan to get my jazz group back together (if I can pry them out of their homes) and record another round of original tunes. One or more of these A’s may be used for those sessions. ;)

Thank for asking.

Latest posts