Your latest cymbal purchase.....

marc3k

Reaction score
Yup, both 20". The Mel came with the rivet- haven't decided whether I'll keep it or not. I also got recently a nice 30th 18" crash and a thin 22" small stamp A. I figure with those cymbals I'll be set for a little while.
Cool! I bought the 21" Mel Lewis because it came with 2 pre-installed rivets. I really like it, I use it as "left side ride" with a 22" 30th anniversary.

I'm still looking for a signature ride, however as you said, I'm also set for a little while with those two and I don't feel like using more than 2 cymbals in my setup.

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
Cool! I bought the 21" Mel Lewis because it came with 2 pre-installed rivets. I really like it, I use it as "left side ride" with a 22" 30th anniversary.

I'm still looking for a signature ride, however as you said, I'm also set for a little while with those two and I don't feel like using more than 2 cymbals in my setup.
I bet that 22" 30th is great to play. Those cymbals just have great feel. 21" is a great size for a Mel Lewis too. There's a guy selling a nice dry sig on here by the way, you've probably seen it- kind of wish I had before I bought mine brand new!

Acidwash

Reaction score
Had a huge mail day. Agop 30th 15” hats, Xist dark dry 22” crash, and Xist dark dry 17” crash. The hats are very nice, but those crashes amazed me! Set up the 22” in the right hand ride spot, hung the 18” high right and had so much fun. Ended up in a weird rhythm using snare with with snare off, the new cymbals, and two smaller high pitched concert toms. Very out there and rewarding. Those cymbals are just far out, and they take you with them.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow. This thing looks to be almost brand new. Handful of stick marks and smudges UPC sticker still under the bell. Haven't gotten to play it yet though. Are the laser stamps on all modern Zs that close to the edge? I haven't bought a new cymbal in ages. The last modern Zildjian I bought was a 20" K Custom Medium I got in high school (the first year of that model I think). Also it's crazy how much bigger a 23" seems than my 20"s and 22"
IMG_20200603_073227.jpg
IMG_20200603_073216.jpg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. This thing looks to be almost brand new. Handful of stick marks and smudges UPC sticker still under the bell. Haven't gotten to play it yet though. Are the laser stamps on all modern Zs that close to the edge? I haven't bought a new cymbal in ages. The last modern Zildjian I bought was a 20" K Custom Medium I got in high school (the first year of that model I think). Also it's crazy how much bigger a 23" seems than my 20"s and 22"
View attachment 445044 View attachment 445045
Hell yes. Looks awesome. Can't wait to hear your report!

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hell yes. Looks awesome. Can't wait to hear your report!
I played it a little today, sounds amazing. Beautiful big cushiony wash with a protitypical Avedis stick sound up above. Wonderful warm (but not overly slow) crash. And although I was delighted to see that it was nearly brand new cymbal that I had gotten for a used price. I gave it the ol' Stanton Moore lemon juice and salt treatment as I was leaving the shed, cause I can't have a shinyass big logo monstrosity mixing in with my beautiful vintage As! Or because I'm a madman.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I played it a little today, sounds amazing. Beautiful big cushiony wash with a protitypical Avedis stick sound up above. Wonderful warm (but not overly slow) crash. And although I was delighted to see that it was nearly brand new cymbal that I had gotten for a used price. I gave it the ol' Stanton Moore lemon juice and salt treatment as I was leaving the shed, cause I can't have a shinyass big logo monstrosity mixing in with my beautiful vintage As! Or because I'm a madman.
Love it man, love it.

deegeebee

Reaction score
Pics or it didnt happen.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pics or it didnt happen.
These are reverse chronological order. First pic is after a wipedown, second pic is with some solution still wet on top. A few more cycles of sitting and then wiping down will be followed by a good hard wipedown in a few days with a moist cloth to get all the actual crusty gunk off. I've been doing this to cymbals for years. I've also done it to some actual old A's that I bought polished. (Including the main ride and hats in the last photo)
IMG_20200603_131008.jpg
IMG_20200603_124014.jpg
IMG_20200417_073204_722.jpg

deegeebee

Reaction score
These are reverse chronological order. First pic is after a wipedown, second pic is with some solution still wet on top. A few more cycles of sitting and then wiping down will be followed by a good hard wipedown in a few days with a moist cloth to get all the actual crusty gunk off. I've been doing this to cymbals for years. I've also done it to some actual old A's that I bought polished. (Including the main ride and hats in the last photo)
View attachment 445169 View attachment 445170 View attachment 445171
Cool! That last pic looks great. Anyone ever done this to a modern K Con? Have a too-shiny-for-my-old-As LSR that might need the treatment.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool! That last pic looks great. Anyone ever done this to a modern K Con? Have a too-shiny-for-my-old-As LSR that might need the treatment.
Yeah I've done it, those come out kind of funny looking because of the way the solution interacts with the big black spots of oven crust.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like this morning. Probably just let it sit another day or so, then give it a nice hard wipedown with some mild natural cleaner. I'm more or less done with this place based on some things that have become clear in the last couple days, but I will finish what I started in this and a couple other threads first.
IMG_20200604_084006.jpg

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like this morning. Probably just let it sit another day or so, then give it a nice hard wipedown with some mild natural cleaner. I'm more or less done with this place based on some things that have become clear in the last couple days, but I will finish what I started in this and a couple other threads first.
View attachment 445246
Nice work! And, may I make a request that you stay around here? I think the solution is to have more solid guys stick around, and let the others expose themselves and get weeded out (which has already been happening).

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
20" sabian Manhattan
18" sabian manhattan

To go with my 22" and 13" hats

deegeebee

Reaction score
View attachment 445246
That looks sweet! Thanks for following up. Assume most of the green crap washes off? Looks neat to have the old A patina combined with the mint modern logos, throws you right off. Will have to pick up something to try this out on at some point.

Latest posts