Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It USUALLY almost all washes off. There will still be a little greenish tinge in places, but no corroded crusty patches. It's not for people who are precious about their gear that's for sure. Like if you're the type of person who's willing to grab a handheld drill, slap a cymbal on the ground and drill some rivets in it, you can probably also accepot that a little green in some lathe lines isn't gonna rot your cymbal away

deegeebee

Reaction score
It USUALLY almost all washes off. There will still be a little greenish tinge in places, but no corroded crusty patches. It's not for people who are precious about their gear that's for sure. Like if you're the type of person who's willing to grab a handheld drill, slap a cymbal on the ground and drill some rivets in it, you can probably also accepot that a little green in some lathe lines isn't gonna rot your cymbal away
Haha yeah tha't me, at one point I had drilled holes in almost everything I had. Backed off recently for some reason, maybe time to get some sharp bits and get back to work.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This probably should have been its own thread, but anyway, here are two different light modes on the camera taken tonight after a nice wipedown, and then what it looked like on tuesday afternoon.
IMG_20200605_193811.jpg
IMG_20200605_193759.jpg
IMG_20200603_073227.jpg

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to make a little stacker for awhile, and figured, at this time, was the perfect pairing. 80’s Zildjian splash (bottom), 2020 Wuhan china, top! :wink:

83A1DDAD-EF55-486C-9ECE-21026BD5AAD2.jpeg AFA90EA4-289A-4557-9CE3-879E4BFCB9C2.jpeg

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
today -

18" Paiste Giant Beat thin crash .
Just picked one of these up today to add to my Giant Beat set. I'm digging it so far. I'll jam with the guys Wednesday for the first time in months and will see how it sounds.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These 2 beauties are now on the way to me.
Funch Cymbals 20" Spizzichino tribute (1862 gr) and 20" Vintage A vintage (1804 gr).
Nearly all my Zildjian rides are now sold, (I think only 2 or 3 remains) and been replaced with Funch. Can't wait to get my hands on these!
Wow, can't blame you for your lack of patience!

Just beautiful to look at and the sound is so buttery sweet! Someday I hope to have a ride like that. Play them well!

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The following came with a Slingerland kit I just bought.
Zildjian 60's Ride cymbal w 8 rivets (1870 ish grams)
Zildjian 60's Medium Crash non factory rivet holes (1640 ish grams ) keyholed
Zildjian 60's Factory matched 14" Hi Hats
920/970 .... I'm stoked these all sound great!

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Might not seem particularly exciting, but after a lot of deliberation I just acquired a 22" Zildjian K ride. Thought I was more interested in some of the more unique K Custom models, but was looking for a versatile cymbal and found a crazy deal on Amazon Canada for a 22" K ride at more than $100 off the regular price. No fancy script, crazy discolouration or intense hammering, just a K ride.

So glad I took the gamble, as I've fallen head over heels for this cymbal. It fills in the gaps left by my other more "specialty" cymbals nicely, and is just heavy enough to have very clear and woody stick definition with a beautifully complex wash beneath. Hazelnut cinnamon creme may be tempting at times, but don't scorn vanilla folks, it's classic and a favourite for good reason.

DSC_3599.JPG

AustinFitz

Reaction score
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this 20" Hand Hammered Jazz Ride. It should be here tomorrow morning! I had one years ago that was my favorite cymbal, but I stupidly sold it thinking I was done with drums... I've been longing for another one ever since then, and happened upon this one at just the right time. I'm hoping I'll love it just as much, if not even more than I did my old one.

IMG_20200616_222617.jpg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this 20" Hand Hammered Jazz Ride. It should be here tomorrow morning! I had one years ago that was my favorite cymbal, but I stupidly sold it thinking I was done with drums... I've been longing for another one ever since then, and happened upon this one at just the right time. I'm hoping I'll love it just as much, if not even more than I did my old one.

View attachment 447593
Awesome! Be sure to report back!

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
i got a 22" from classic vintage drums. I went on a bit of a G.A.S. rampage.. got the 20" K @1767g, a 22" trans @ 2270g, a 20" A @1965g supposedly owned by Barrett Deems, and the one below. I can pic and choose which ones I will keep and sell one or two most likely... they are all winners though!!

That sounds KILLER! , and i love that snare tuning. That's legit I Love Lucy Ricy Ricardo stuff. Very nice playing/touch as well.

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Awesome! Be sure to report back!
Well I've been working on getting to know it for the past few days, and I'm really liking it so far! It's absolutely nothing like the one I had previously, but it does sound beautiful. Very complex... Sweet and shimmery, but yet dark and smokey. I really like it with a bath chain on it as well.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself. The 15 inch 2002's are my favorite hats by far. The chick is like a metranome next to me, and really has a unique sound i love.
I may have went a bit overboard with this, but if it's the 15 on steroids I'll be thrilled. Doubtful, but I hadn't bought a cymbal in a while..
20200629_190217.jpg

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No. I have a couple 17 2002's, a DE 17, as well as some other cymbals I'd like to try with it. If i can't get d sound i like, I'll get the top. I've been mixing, and matching different 14 Paistes of late, and really like some of the sounds