Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Jackal Jack

Reaction score
The first of a whole set of Paiste. 18" Giant Beat multi, 20" 2002 china.
19" GB, 14" Sig SE hats and 22" 602 ride on their way, brought sight unseen :confused2: Too late for regrets! How good are those Memphis drum shop video's though - most useful to aid choosing. A great resource.
Was gonna go for 2002 crashes, but compared them side-by-side with GB's, and preferred the GB's. Couldn't afford 602 mediums which were the initial choice. First Paiste's brought after a lifetime of Zildjian. A change is as good as a holiday right? Will hang on to the Z's though.
Man, these cymbals are not cheap! But, too late for regrets!

Attachments

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
19" GB, 14" Sig SE hats and 22" 602 ride on their way, brought sight unseen :confused2: Too late for regrets! How good are those Memphis drum shop video's though - most useful to aid choosing. A great resource.
Was gonna go for 2002 crashes, but compared them side-by-side with GB's, and preferred the GB's. Couldn't afford 602 mediums which were the initial choice. First Paiste's brought after a lifetime of Zildjian. A change is as good as a holiday right? Will hang on to the Z's though.
Those Memphis videos are great! I think mostly everything we buy today is sight unseen, Lol!!

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool!

I've been slowly putting a set of Giant Beats together as I find nice deals.

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I went to my local Sam Ash yesterday to buy heads ....yes I know more expensive etc, but I needed to get OUT. Lol. While they didn't have all the types and sizes I was looking for I did stumble across a 22" Bosphorus Master series cymbal ...... Price was right after some haggling and it weighs in at 2110 grams

Attachments

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I decided to get a pair of 14" hats and picked up these Zildjians. I figured they'd be a good match for my 20" Ride with the same stamp. They are on the heavier side and remind me of my old Paiste 2002 Heavy Hi Hats. They have a gutsy, kind of funky sound with a bit of shimmer.

HHB1.jpg
HH B2.jpg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I decided to get a pair of 14" hats and picked up these Zildjians. I figured they'd be a good match for my 20" Ride with the same stamp. They are on the heavier side and remind me of my old Paiste 2002 Heavy Hi Hats. They have a gutsy, kind of funky sound with a bit of shimmer.

View attachment 451954 View attachment 451955
Cooooool!
They're still so shiny!
What are the weights on those bad girls?

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cooooool!
They're still so shiny!
What are the weights on those bad girls?
I'm sorry to say I don't have a scale that can weigh them accurately. They are either heavier New Beats or Rock Hi Hats. Based on pitch and overall feel, the top and bottom seem about the same weight and they are probably Rock Hi Hats.

Latest posts