Your latest cymbal purchase.....

deegeebee

Reaction score
20200904_082458.jpg

These don't look like anything special, but man are they something else. Pretty heavy but dry as hell and very low in pitch, not at all what I would expect from heavy 13s. Very dynamic and full of different sounds: assertive dark chick, mean bark and open they sound like a couple of dinner plates clattering together, which is not a sound I knew I needed.
For someone who has spent the last several years chasing thin sizzly Zildjians, these things have certainly thrown me for a loop.

larold

Reaction score
An extremely versatile cymbal I would love to own. Imagining it punctuating an industrial drone setting and killing it!
I jumped on this one when the Drum Shop in Maine put the video online, because the 22” crashes in this series well out quick. They had three 22” crashes. This one was the heaviest, although at 1800 grams, still paper thin.

Pibroch

Reaction score
I jumped on this one when the Drum Shop in Maine put the video online, because the 22” crashes in this series well out quick. They had three 22” crashes. This one was the heaviest, although at 1800 grams, still paper thin.
Just listened to those 3 crashes (including yours), plus the three Xist 22" Dry Dark Rides currently listed on their website.

To me, your one is by far the nicest of those 3 crashes, (both as a ride and a crash), as well as being way more spectacular and beautiful as a ride than those 3 "Rides".

You scored big time!

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
21" Funch Mini Bell ride, 2095 gr.
I wanted to have ride that's almost a flat ride but not quite. As small bell as possible and high umbrella like profile to bring the pitch up.
Haven't heard it yet, but maker described as killer and very Bill Stewart-esque. Looks great! Can't wait to hear it...

received_312859910007172.jpeg
received_615764929093772.jpeg

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
21" Funch Mini Bell ride, 2095 gr.
I wanted to have ride that's almost a flat ride but not quite. As small bell as possible and high umbrella like profile to bring the pitch up.
Haven't heard it yet, but maker described as killer and very Bill Stewart-esque. Looks great! Can't wait to hear it...

View attachment 459626 View attachment 459627
Hubba hubba.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
After spending days listening to sound files of all the HH variations in both 21" & 22", this model made me spend money:

Sabian HH 22" Medium Ride Brilliant:

Last edited:

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Ok, I have a few to share here. The first is a pair of 16" K Light hi hats. Got these at a deep discount off of Amazon, and I'm very glad I took the chance. Their warmth and low pitch sit so beautifully in the mix, to the point where my bandmates all noticed the change. They're not sluggish at all like other large hats I've played, and are capable of lots of different sounds thanks to the larger playing surface. They also sound incredibly beautiful and smooth when played open. Because of these characteristics, they're actually changing the way I approach playing my hi hats.
IMG_0279.jpg

I also recently picked up a 20" K Custom Left Side Ride thanks to this forum and Noble&CooleyNut. This thing's been around the block, but just might be all the better for it. Stick definition is glorious, the bell is very playable and cutting, and the rivets add just the right amount of sustain. It's definitely a quieter cymbal, but in the right context it's just perfect. Once again I brought this one out with the band for a mellower tune, and they were raving about it.

IMG_0283.jpg

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Went deep down the Zildjian K Istanbul rabbit hole with this one. Shout out to JDA who was my "technical adviser" on this one..... evaluating the photos and sound file as a second set of eyes and ears. Older New Stamp 22" at 2540 gm. Overall dark, dry, and clangy, especially the shank and crash which can get a bit "wicked" or "unruly." Pretty clean condition overall.

Sound Video

K istanbul 22 top 2.jpg

K istanbul 22 photo bottom.jpg

Last edited:

marc3k

Reaction score
IMG_2140.JPG

22" Agop Turk Jazz Ride, 2152g

Wow, this is DRY! But the sound is amazing, dark and exotic. It crashes easily at this weight, opens quickly and fades away even quicker. I hope it will be great for quiter playing.
It sounds so different to my heavier 20" turk crash ride!

HELP! I'm becoming a cymbalholic!