Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Just purchased a 16 Paiste Signature Fast crash off Reverb for 120 + 20 shipping. Was only listed yesterday. Pictures and description show it to be in good shape with no dings or cracks. Some scratches and wear but seemed too good a deal to not give it a shot.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found another light 50's Zildjian 20" ride....a tasty 1765 gm. This one was listed for sale as vintage....without a stamp. It sure looked like a trans stamp to me based on seller's photos. And sometimes those stampings are awfully weak. Took a shot based on look and weight. Figured worse case would be non-Zildjian but still made very well. Got it today. Took me 2 minutes to find a stamp. Not a trans stamp though.....rather a hollow block large stamp. Imagine a huge HB stamp so weak you can't find the darn thing! The sound and look is nearly identical to my other 20 trans stamp ride at 1773 gm. Interesting that this LS HB has a buffed finish on top. And that brighter finish helped to hide the die stamp. The stamp barely makes a "ghost" impression on the back side. A good one that slipped through the cracks.

zildjian trans stamp Ebay ride 5.JPG

Zildjian trans stamp Ebay 20 ride 4.JPG

Last edited:

deegeebee

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a fun one that just arrived. 20" Canadian K at 2080ish g. Have only played it a bit, but seems like a lovely dark, dry, medium weight old K. Don't really know where this sits sonically in relation to Turkish New stamp Ks, EAKs and early Sabian HH rides, but certainly plays like a beautiful hand hammered cymbal.
20200930_124837~2.jpg
20200930_124848.jpg
20200930_124930_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

deegeebee

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found another light 50's Zildjian 20" ride....a tasty 1765 gm. This one was listed for sale as vintage....without a stamp. It sure looked like a trans stamp to me based on seller's photos. And sometimes those stampings are awfully weak. Took a shot based on look and weight. Figured worse case would be non-Zildjian but still made very well. Got it today. Took me 2 minutes to find a stamp. Not a trans stamp though.....rather a hollow block large stamp. Imagine a huge HB stamp so weak you can't find the darn thing! The sound and look is nearly identical to my other 20 trans stamp ride at 1773 gm. Interesting that this LS HB has a buffed finish on top. And that brighter finish helped to hide the die stamp. The stamp barely makes a "ghost" impression on the back side. A good one that slipped through the cracks.

View attachment 462502

View attachment 462503
I wonder how many of these buffed 50s As were buffed by owners in the time since they left Zildjian. No shortage of buffers around, do we know for sure this was a factory option?

marc3k

Reaction score
Here is a fun one that just arrived. 20" Canadian K at 2080ish g. Have only played it a bit, but seems like a lovely dark, dry, medium weight old K. Don't know exactly where this sits in relation to Turkish New stamp Ks, EAKs and early Sabian HH rides, but certainly plays like a beautiful hand hammered cymbal.
View attachment 462696
Wow this K logo looks like the K on the Keropes! I'm sure it sounds awesome.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many of these buffed 50s As were buffed by owners in the time since they left Zildjian. No shortage of buffers around, do we know for sure this was a factory option?
Good question. I just know out of the several dozen 50's cymbals I've owned, only a pair of rides had that buffed look. No one seems to bother with hi hats or crashes. And I can say from my stash of NOS 1930's A Zildjians that they were certainly brilliant enough right from the factory....looking like brand new 1980's Zildjians. There was really no need to buff 'em up any further. I will say that on my 21 inch trans stamp only the top appears buffed....as Zenstat has noted. But on this latest 20", both sides looked to be buffed....which might invalidate it.

Nice Canadian K DeeGeeBee. Those sort of fill in the gap from 1977-1982 from the Old K Istanbuls to the start of the EAK's in Mass. Probably closer in sound/appearance to the old K's than the EAK's. It looks to me like a New Stamp in lathing and hammering.