Your latest cymbal purchase.....

KillinBill66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
20" Paiste Traditionals Medium heavy ride.

Will have it in my possession soon. I have too many washy 22" rides and wanted something different!

curly

Reaction score

15.25" PGB Artisan Dark Hi Hats 1000g / 1240g. Really nice. Philipe is newer on the cymbalsmith scene but worth checking out for sure.

deegeebee

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

15.25" PGB Artisan Dark Hi Hats 1000g / 1240g. Really nice. Philipe is newer on the cymbalsmith scene but worth checking out for sure.

Thanks for posting this, I was not aware of this fellow. The 21" Old K tribute on his youtube is very nice. Have been lusting after roaring Spizz tribute type custom cymbals for a while but have always been just out of reach considering exchange rates and shipping. Nice to have someone in Canada doing this type of work.

curly

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I was not aware of this fellow. The 21" Old K tribute on his youtube is very nice. Have been lusting after roaring Spizz tribute type custom cymbals for a while but have always been just out of reach considering exchange rates and shipping. Nice to have someone in Canada doing this type of work.
Great! I'm old enough to have been around the early days of independent cymbalsmiths and its great to see PGB, Funch, Nicky Moon, etc carry on. Phillipe makes some really nice cymbals. The "caramel" ride and the spizzichino tributes are really nice and I dig that his TW tributes are actually heavier cymbals.

Last edited:

daveplaydrum

Reaction score
Picked up a 20” Sabian evolution ride for $150 on CL. I’d have preferred a groove ride I think but this was available at a decent price. It’s good to have a bright washy ride again. I had gone with heavier rides recently and I just missed the energy that a crashy ride can bring. I thought I had that with my Zildjian K light but it’s too dark to be a main ride in a rock band. I’ve used it a few times already and either it’s a keeper or I’m burnt out from cymbal experiments for now because I’m not feeling any urge to keep looking. I guess that’s a good thing, right?

Pibroch

Reaction score
Bought this today (USD 280 + 91 freight to Australia) based on reports on this forum that their KCSDRs work with jazz piano and bass and quiet stuff in general. Also played a piano while playing this video. Here's hoping good IRL.

Last edited:

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically not a purchase since a friend gave this to me. It was a $10 purchase from a store in Erie, PA. He repaired the crack. I think he did a good job!
719616B9-FD32-49ED-BB84-1B396E68B79A.jpeg
35E2D014-9012-4D5C-9C92-9FD3CC9B6DBD.jpeg

texasshawn16

Reaction score
I wanted to add an 18 crash over above my ride as an aux crash for my right side. I ended up getting in a bidding war on eBay and bought 2 Paiste Signature crashes. One is a 18 fast crash and the other is a 18 precision thin crash. I like them both but now have to decide do I keep them both or sell one?
20201018_103950_HDR.jpg
20201018_103955.jpg

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bought this today (USD 280 + 91 freight to Australia) based on reports on this forum that their KCSDRs work with jazz piano and bass and quiet stuff in general. Also played a piano while playing this video. Here's hoping good IRL.
Noice! Drums sound good too.