header.nohb.html

Your latest cymbal purchase.....

NashJazzDrums

Reaction score
Agean low volume jazz set

20 ride, 14 hi hats, 16 and 18 crashes.

The ride and crashes sound great. The hi hats are almost electronic sounding... Maybe they will grow on me, but searching for low volume hi hats that sound more natural.

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a really nice cymbal to stumble across!

This reminds me of that time I was digging around in my storage unit and ran across that full set of N.O.S. Paiste Giant Beat White labels I had completely forgotten about.
I don't have enough cymbals for this to happen to me but it has happened a lot with cables and adaptators, music charts and scores, books and articles on recording and guitar and bass pedals...so, in order not to have this happening anymore, I did a guitar and bass pedalboard
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't have enough cymbals for this to happen to me but it has happened a lot with cables and adaptators, music charts and scores, books and articles on recording and guitar and bass pedals...so, in order not to have this happening anymore, I did a guitar and bass pedalboard
View attachment 477068
View attachment 477069
Looks great!

Of course I was kidding about the cymbals, they were Black Label not White , but I do need to come up with a better system of organizing my stuff like you have going on.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just ordered a 20" Meinl Byzance Jazz Club Ride that has 4 rivets ex-factory. Unfortunately this has to be ordered from Germany by local supplier as he does not stock this model. Will probably take 2 months to get here along with his next stock order.

Pibroch

Reaction score
This Agop 21" Turk ride (2606 grams). Love how the drummer in the video pairs it with the gentle crashing of that Agop Traditional.

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
20201229_142705.jpg

Amazon just gave me a two-for-one. I ordered the Antique 20" and they sent a bonus 24" Turk flat. The 20 is ok, we'll see if it breaks in, typical buying un-tried situation. It's definitely workable though. The 24 is wow, winner, and probably the mellowest ride ever. Super fast and easy to play even though it has like 2" of wobble at the edges when it's going strong. Trippy sound akin to a giant piece of sheet metal in a good way.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Paiste Dark Crisp 13's.
Good price, structurally perfect, snd i still have polish if I ever wanna sell em.
The top is nearly half thecweight as the tops
20201230_170320.jpg
20201230_170224.jpg
20201230_170242.jpg
20201230_170249.jpg

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my 18” Kashian china on the right that I received last week. I now have an 18” & 20” Kashian china! I never thought I would find one, let alone two and I found them both within 2 weeks. I’m a lucky guy! They both sound really good, and both have rivets which is great, but the 18” is better by a tick because it’s a bit more open and alive -

4E5A7118-E8F0-4234-BF3D-4E4D2CD905FF.jpeg

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a second run at Paiste Giant Beats. Tried them in 2015. I liked the Thins and the hats, but the heavier were ... heavy ... as I used them solely as crashes.
I recently picked up another 22 Multi and it settled nicely into the ride position. The 15 hats are as special as I remember. I have a 20 Thin enroute again.
These Giant Beats are once again making waves in me.
I like the warmth and stick feel. Really expressive cymbals.
I am still seeking a few more to complete the setup.
It was a thread on here that got me thinking about them again. I think it was the Giant Beat 602 Big Beat 2002 comparison thing. A which would you choose. Grateful to a few members that coaxed me into checking these series out ... again. Really nice.

Jimmyspleen

Reaction score
First cymbal set I've eve bought, also first meinls I've ever played and I love everything about them! Before I played a sabian 21" hh raw bell dry ride which definitely has its place in my collection but the 20" meinl sand ride is just so versatile in comparison, really really great cymbal. For my next I'm looking for a 22" Paiste masters dark crash ride! But I'm tossing and turning between buying that & a ludwig acrolite snare drum !
20201025_180650.jpg

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

A unique pie for sure, its really sweet.
That shot is sick. Gotta be a Jekylle and Hyde sound right there. Super deep profile with a small bell. As if the profile is bringing out the dark wash and tons of complexity, while the small bell is trying to control it all and add some stick. Crazy. Is that a 24 on top of everything else?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 477159

Amazon just gave me a two-for-one. I ordered the Antique 20" and they sent a bonus 24" Turk flat. The 20 is ok, we'll see if it breaks in, typical buying un-tried situation. It's definitely workable though. The 24 is wow, winner, and probably the mellowest ride ever. Super fast and easy to play even though it has like 2" of wobble at the edges when it's going strong. Trippy sound akin to a giant piece of sheet metal in a good way.
are you saying "Paid for 1 ( 20" Antique}" and got a 24" Turk Flat....free?

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you saying "Paid for 1 ( 20" Antique}" and got a 24" Turk Flat....free?
I guess they did. There was no receipt in the shredded, over sized box they came scratched up in.
Anyway, I'm keeping them both

Edit: checked the charge on my bank was correct, what I meant to pay, and it is.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess they did. There was no receipt in the shredded, over sized box they came scratched up in.
Anyway, I'm keeping them both
That has got to be the "steal of the year" Good on ya! the 20" Antique will settle nicely too. Is there a weight written under the 20" Antique?
curious; and what is the model stamp, also.. thxs

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That has got to be the "steal of the year" Good on ya! the 20" Antique will settle nicely too. Is there a weight written under the 20" Antique?
curious; and what is the model stamp, also.. thxs
Get back to you with those details, "working" now

Reactions: JDA