Your latest cymbal purchase.....

cymbal.wiki

Reaction score
Matt Chamberlain 23" Signature Ride early version and weight under bell looks like 2442g

Seems that by 2013 it was redesigned with a larger diameter bell and unlathed (or maybe a light skim lathing or a pin lathing -- or a scratch lathing) on top:

There are other traces around the web. This says designed in 2011 (presumably the 2nd version)

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/dru...l-agop-matt-chamberlain-signature-ride-cymbal

but who knows if the fiends have it right. :icon_e_wink: Ptrick will know.

My favorite Agop ride. I have FOUR of them at different weights.
and maybe he can supply the weights. Some day I'll be in contact with him for help with the Istanbul section of the wiki. I'm still working through the big guys for now but keeping notes photos etc for the future.

Last edited:

GrandfatherOdin

Reaction score
I picked up the black friday sweet crash special last month In addition I made a trade with a real stand-up guy Mcjnic from this forum for some 16 BB hats + 19 BB. They look awfully snazzy in this light.
20210103_160542.jpg

By the way, my drum throne is a swivel bar stool I got from Menards for $20. On the lowest setting it's the perfect height for a drum throne. Super comfortable and swivels like a champ. Discount finds for life!

Last edited:

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I picked up the black friday sweet crash special last month In addition I made a trade with a real stand-up guy Mcjnic from this forum for some 16 BB hats + 19 BB. They look awfully snazzy in this light.
View attachment 478032

By the way, my drum throne is a swivel bar stool I got from Menards for $20. On the lowest setting it's the perfect height for a drum throne. Super comfortable and swivels like a champ. Discount finds for life!
I noticed the throne right away. I have 2 of those. Got them from Costco. I thought I might need to cut the legs slightly to lower the seat but like you I find the lowest setting is perfect for me.

PhilAycockOfficial

Reaction score
Here's pics of my two new Sabian Cymbals

15" Artisan Hihats Brilliant finish
22" HHX Legacy ride Natural finish

20210102_132716.jpg

20210102_132657.jpg

I'm still waiting on my 2 new Sabian crash cymbals to come
20" Artisan Crash Brilliant finish
20" HHX X-plosion Crash Brilliant with raw bell

Will update post in the coming week

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up one of the Paiste Signature Prototypes.
Good grief!!!
What a Crash!
20 inches and it is ridiculously expressive.
Soft touch, hard hit, and everything in between.
Just beautiful.

Pibroch

Reaction score
Matt Chamberlain 23" Signature Ride early version and weight under bell looks like 2442g

Seems that by 2013 it was redesigned with a larger diameter bell and unlathed (or maybe a light skim lathing or a pin lathing -- or a scratch lathing) on top:

There are other traces around the web. This says designed in 2011 (presumably the 2nd version)

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/dru...l-agop-matt-chamberlain-signature-ride-cymbal

but who knows if the fiends have it right. :icon_e_wink: Ptrick will know.

and maybe he can supply the weights. Some day I'll be in contact with him for help with the Istanbul section of the wiki. I'm still working through the big guys for now but keeping notes photos etc for the future.
I have a prototype for it - weight 2121 g. With a Vic Firth 8D it's almost all even sounding breathy wash with little stick definition - loudest soft breath I've heard. Spectacular.

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Damn you. Now I have to start listening to those. Just when I was finished with this crap. Why the heck do you have four of them?
One is an early prototype I was sent to try out back in the endorsement days. Other 3 I picked up over the years because I loved them so much. All different weights. 2 are close, though...

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to check out a 18" K Istanbul Intermediate Stamp today - 1460 gms. Was pretty sure I was going to buy it based on photos and sound video sent. And in person it didn't disappoint. Baby smooth edges - sits dead flat. 2nd owner got them around 30 yrs ago. This was the last one left of his set.....or so he thought. When I showed up today he mentioned he "found" the matching 14" Hi Hats. And fortunately for me I had brought extra money for anything unexpected. The hi hats match the 18 perfectly in all respects....Int. Stamps and weighing in at 756/926 gm.....a nice spread. Signatures are all bold. There is model and size inking on the back of each one. They sound good too.

Zildjian K int 6.jpg
Zildjian K int 7.jpg
AA A10.jpg
AA A2.jpg

Last edited: