Your latest cymbal purchase.....

Brainofj

Reaction score
You will love the HH RBDR, I hesitated a lot between the 4 (AAX, HHX, AA, HH) but found a super deal on the AAX and because I had a lot of dark cymbals and a Zildjian 23" 25" anniversary A Custom, I told myself that the AAX will go well with the A Custom (I have both of them installed on the kit...) And it will give me a contests with the darker cymbals...But the HH is super good too.
Funny position for the splashes, I love splashes, I have 8 of them but put them all on top of the main cymbals instead of under them...
I’ve played splashes like that before and liked it a lot! Personally, I like to use a lot of quick splash work off the hats so they’re most comfortable in that spot for me.

Quai34

Reaction score
Ok, yes, I have one of the side and one on the left of the Hihat, for same reason...

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello darling, come live with me awhile. 18" A. Zildjian Trans Stamp, I think a Type I. Thin at 1355 grams. Well loved, but no structural issues, other than some creative additions to the rivet holes and that keyhole that will go nowhere, now that we have plastic sleeves. I'm guessing either one rivet, or no rivets, at least while she lives with me.

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

Last edited:

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello you little darling. Come live with me for a while. 18" A. Zildjian Trans Stamp. Thin at 1355 grams. Well loved, but no structural issues, other than some creative additions to the rivet holes and that keyhole that will go nowhere now that we have plastic sleeves. I'm guessing either one rivet, or no rivets, at least while she lives with me.
Trans Stamps at that weight ...

Best. Crashes. Ever.

Brainofj

Reaction score
You will love the HH RBDR, I hesitated a lot between the 4 (AAX, HHX, AA, HH) but found a super deal on the AAX and because I had a lot of dark cymbals and a Zildjian 23" 25" anniversary A Custom, I told myself that the AAX will go well with the A Custom (I have both of them installed on the kit...) And it will give me a contests with the darker cymbals...But the HH is super good too.
Funny position for the splashes, I love splashes, I have 8 of them but put them all on top of the main cymbals instead of under them...
You were right. Love everything about the RBDR, even the feel off the stick is just so smooth and right. Wow.

JFBL

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trans Stamps at that weight ...

Best. Crashes. Ever.
@TPC: One of the most musical cymbals I’ve ever heard. I’m astounded at how good it sounds and it's so nice to play! I'm floored .

Reactions: TPC

Quai34

Reaction score
You were right. Love everything about the RBDR, even the feel off the stick is just so smooth and right. Wow.
I don't need any more but if I find a good deal on any of the other RBDR, I will buy them for sure... The HHX is still quite complex and I have a groove ride so, that might be the HH I would buy...

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got this Bosphorus Groove Series 22" ride from Timpano of Quebec. Timpano is fantastic! They called to make sure I wanted the cymbal due to a pea sized spot on the top of the cymbal that couldn't be seen in the pictures. That was pretty cool and I wasn't concerned as it was a blowout price and I've been wanting to try one of these cymbals. I'm glad I didn't change my mind as this cymbal is awesome! At only 2062 grams I wasn't sure if it would wash out but it has a very nice ping with a beautiful breath underneath. It crashes easily and gets out of the way quickly back to that breathy wash. Hitting it with the shaft of the stick is very useful with the weight. Just fabulous! The bell sounds nice and is fairly low pitched but I need to see if it will cut through enough when jamming with the band.

I'm surprised at how lightweight it is. Way lighter than anything else I could find videos of.

A big thanks to Larold for pointing out the Bosphorus sale at Timpano!

Attachments

Last edited:

petereather

Reaction score
I,like most, miss my cymbalholics.com fix. so here is a small attempt to connect to some of the stuff we had over there. so tell me what you got most recently cymbal wise....

I slipped up on a nice jewel recently. I bought a 60's avedis 24". seller mentioned that it was around 3400 grams. a little heavier than my dream cymbal but still thought I would give a try. I had just bought a new digital scale and had it ready for the arrival of the 24. when it arrived, I could tell right away it was thinner than that because ive had one 2800 and 3200. I was pleasantly pleased when it weighed in at 2976 grams. its a jewel. has a ton of different sounds as a ride cymbal. it crashes well and the bell is full and musical. I so wish that it had rivets though. I have really come to enjoy them on cymbals over they years...

has some beautiful dark green patina right at the bottom. I picture some old jazz cat clasping it there while laying down some nice patterns...

so....what did ya get lately???

mike

petereather

Reaction score
16 inch vintage Zyldjian crash 1400 grams moved it over to my hihat 16 1000 gram bottom Zyldjian sound great nice warm loos and crisp lite moved my new beat top to a crash and the whole cymbal sound opened up notes are outstanding . Real 60s sound , hope you can under stand what I said . Glad to hear you bought gram scale .

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow I scored this 20” Paiste Signature Heavy China for an awesome price. They don’t make them anymore and they go for $400-$600 on Reverb and Ebay. I scored mine from a pawnshop for only $300! I’m happy. :)

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Somehow I scored this 20” Paiste Signature Heavy China for an awesome price. They don’t make them anymore and they go for $400-$600 on Reverb and Ebay. I scored mine from a pawnshop for only $300! I’m happy. :)

Is that right on the price? I have one, but use my 2002. I've never even hit the 20 inch Sig.

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that right on the price? I have one, but use my 2002. I've never even hit the 20 inch Sig.
Nah, I was just kidding. They are usually less than $100. I’ll pay up and take yours off your hands for $100 even. ;)

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, which model 2002 china are you using instead of the 20” Sig?

My 2 main chinas are an 18” Sig Heavy and a 20” 2002 Novo.

Fifty9Dunes

Reaction score
In 30 years (this year!) of playing, I’ve only ever purchased 2 new pies. In the past 30 days I’ve purchased 2 more - one being my most expensive (Meinl 15” Byzance FR Hats), and another being the cheapest (Paiste 18” Twenty Custom Thin). The unboxings were just as magical as actually playing them.

1BD0328B-DDC2-4B20-9306-5BFD09D1FD4C.jpeg
C41E3D8B-2B1F-4954-9670-7F9F037D763B.jpeg
E4DE8C0F-9330-42F7-9660-33036130F113.jpeg

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that Byzance candy is nuts!

I don't tend to post on this thread at all because I can't keep up with how many cymbals come and go for me. But I did recently pick up a Dream Bliss 20" that is blowing my mind right now. It sounds way better than it has a right to!