Your Least coveted snares

Aaronjiski

Reaction score
Probably my 60’s Ajax 4-ply birch snare with re-rings.
It sound great but has a split in the outer ply where the throw-off sits. Everything is still solid but I wouldn’t dare bring it to a gig and have it break so it sits on the shelf and gets used from time to time in the studio or rehearsals.

Attachments

• D7B5C1EC-4335-4A41-B63F-56FDC59A4087.png
    D7B5C1EC-4335-4A41-B63F-56FDC59A4087.png
    186 KB · Views: 6

Ryneaux

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Feel kinda sheepish typing this out loud, but mine would be my ‘68 400 that I got from Mr. Sluppick in a trade. I’m currently at 6 snare drums and the only reason this one gets least coveted designation is because the other 5 are pretty rare or super desirable.

2363B21F-A559-4855-853F-6E6788F496F3.jpeg

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to sell that Slingerland? What throw is on it if you are?
I certainly didn’t think this thread would generate on offer, but I will pm you as I’m not attached to it and it’s basically ridden the shelf since I got it.
Thanks

katulu

Reaction score
This might surprise some, but my 5x14 hammered bronze Supra pretty much lives on the bench. Drum sounds good (not great) but the stick feel on the drum is terrible - very spongey. Tried a few different heads, but that spongey feels remains. I had high hopes for this drum but it just doesn't play well, so it lives on the shelf until I get around to selling it.
I have a hammered bronze 6.5 and I can say I steadily disliked it - until I tuned it *up* - *way up* for my usual tunings. Then I hit a sweet spot and was amazed. I used a CS head. With the head this tight, stick feel is solid. Sorry I can't give you drumdial or tunebot numbers as I'm not currently home - but I can let you know when I return if you wish to know.

Northamusi

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 70s Dynasonic that I could never get dialed in right. That one may have been my lack of ability to set it up.The other one would be a N&C Alloy Classic. I definitely don’t regret getting rid of that. It was a dog.

Shawn Martin

Reaction score
This might surprise some, but my 5x14 hammered bronze Supra pretty much lives on the bench. Drum sounds good (not great) but the stick feel on the drum is terrible - very spongey. Tried a few different heads, but that spongey feels remains. I had high hopes for this drum but it just doesn't play well, so it lives on the shelf until I get around to selling it.
How much would you sell it for?