Your opinion of NICKELBACK

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
A black hole of mind sucking curiosity ...

"I want my nickleback"

Is that a cry for more music from the group?
or is that a demand made to iTunes after purchasing a song from the group.

The world may never know.

Last edited:

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't listen to them at all, but they are very good at what they do. I dislike the hate bandwagon way more than I do their music. It's like some kind of insecure "I'm cool too!" signaling to make sure everyone knows you also don't like that insanely popular band that sells out arenas and millions of records. I don't hate them at all, I just don't listen.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
To me I just think they tried to copy ac/DC's formula of music writing but didn't do a good job of it. They are the epitome of that band where every song and album sound the same. It started around their 3rd record going forward. Oh and Chad Kroger being a douchebag doesnt help anybody like them either.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
There's really nothing wrong with them since everyone has different tastes and music can't really be wrong. It's just middle of the road rock that found a formula and never deviates. No real growth, no exploration, just...is...

Ox Han

Reaction score
I don't like their music, but I don't hate them. Then again, I don't like most new music that has any sort of singing on it. As bad as they may be, it's still light years better than non-music like rap or hip-hop.
For real? I could name a few rappers whose prose and writing absolutely wreck a lot of current artists in pop/rock/inde.

One of the best things I did to grow as a musician and an artist was to realize that there is no bad genre. I may not care for something, but I can not deny it as an art, as an influence, and as a potential force.

Respect

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For real? I could name a few rappers whose prose and writing absolutely wreck a lot of current artists in pop/rock/inde.
I wasn't talking about prose. I was referring to music. Current "artists" in pop/rock/inde mostly suck too, but rap/hip-hop shouldn't be using the term "music". I'm not saying it's not art, just that it's not music the way I define it: melody, harmony and rhythm performed by humans.

Ox Han

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about prose. I was referring to music. Current "artists" in pop/rock/inde mostly suck too, but rap/hip-hop shouldn't be using the term "music". I'm not saying it's not art, just that it's not music the way I define it: melody, harmony and rhythm performed by humans.
How the eff does rap/hip hop as an entire genre not have rhythm, melody, or harmony? Perhaps you've taken a pedantic definition of those things?

Wu Tang - CREAM has one of the most iconic melodies of the 90's
Jurassic 5 lays down harmonies all day

How many examples you need? Or, do you just think they aren't musicians because you think most don't play an instrument?

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Their third album was named "Silver Side Up" which I've heard refers to the correct orientation that aluminum foil must be placed in order to freebase crack or meth. This is one of many reasons that they get zero respect from me.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
red
Their third album was named "Silver Side Up" which I've heard refers to the correct orientation that aluminum foil must be placed in order to freebase crack or meth. This is one of many reasons that they get zero respect from me.
This can't be true... First, what possible disadvantage would there be to "free basing crack or meth" with the less shiny side up? Second, doesn't free basing involve a glass pipe?

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
red

This can't be true... First, what possible disadvantage would there be to "free basing crack or meth" with the less shiny side up? Second, doesn't free basing involve a glass pipe?
I've heard that the less shiny side has a chemical that burns off and is unhealthy. We wouldn't want to be unhealthy would we?

Ox Han

Reaction score
I think that's kind of funny actually.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score