Your turn: what's your custom cymbal model or line?

J

jaymandude

When the topic of 'custom' cymbals comes up, I'm of the belief If the cymbal 'sound' is in your head... then you've heard it already, somewhere, before, in a cymbal, before..

unless you want a cymbal that sounds like 12 squawking monkeys
Meinl is designing that now for some of the numetal drummers

• Wow
Reactions: JDA

deegeebee

Reaction score
When the topic of 'custom' cymbals comes up, I'm of the belief If the cymbal 'sound' is in your head... then you've heard it already, somewhere, before, in a cymbal, before..

Except that what you might have heard was a processed/EQ'd or in other way impacted by room or mic sound that might not be available as an acoustic cymbal.

NobleCooleyNut

Reaction score
Paiste really answered a lot of my wants with the additions of odd sized 602 thin crash , I was for a 17” and 19” thin crash additions and they did them .

I also wanted to see 602 Heavy hi hats and they reintroduced them .

I am always looking for great crash rides and they brought back both the Medium and Heavy 602 lines .

The only things missing from my 602 wish list are 22” Flat rides and Dark Rides

markkarj

Reaction score

Yes, that's true to a point I think. But it seems the cymbal sounds I most crave (those very sweet, shimmery extra thin crashes) have given way in large part to darker, somewhat heavier cymbals. I'd like to go back to some of the older models again.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My "custom" cymbal already exists: Sabian Artisan series. Perfection!

Latest posts