Your Two fav snares..

Tenatious P

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you instead which two of my kids I like best. :)

I can't do it, I use different snares for different things and really like most of them.
You like most of your kids? :)

My snares:

1970s Premier 2000 14x5.5 Chrome on Aluminum
Pork Pie BOB 14x6.5 Black Chrome on Brass

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score

I can't do it, I use different snares for different things and really like most of them.

My snares:

Mr. T - I have the same aluminum 2000 . Badly pitted and missing the long flo beam that traverses the center of the shell. I temporarily installed a regular thro and butt,and shaped a very mild snare bed with a file. This drum, with its extra 1/2 " depth and straight walled construction is pleasantly similar to a fat Acro. Next is to remove as much of the flaky chrome as possible, then rub it a few times with gun blueing or tinted car wax. Am thinking of using just the butt ends of the flo beam strainer , using that to engage and calibrate the tension of the wires to the reso head. This thing cost me about 10 dollars. :occasion5:

R

RickP

Ludwig Engraved Black Beauty 5 x 14 , with brass hoops, tube lugs, tension rods and P86 strainer.

Ludwig Vintage OBP 5 x 14 Legacy Clascci

These are the two snares that get the most stand time for me.

Tenatious P

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

My snares:

Mr. T - I have the same aluminum 2000 . Badly pitted and missing the long flo beam that traverses the center of the shell. I temporarily installed a regular thro and butt,and shaped a very mild snare bed with a file. This drum, with its extra 1/2 " depth and straight walled construction is pleasantly similar to a fat Acro. Next is to remove as much of the flaky chrome as possible, then rub it a few times with gun blueing or tinted car wax. Am thinking of using just the butt ends of the flo beam strainer , using that to engage and calibrate the tension of the wires to the reso head. This thing cost me about 10 dollars. :occasion5:
Mine still has the flo beam and all the original strainer set (put some puresound snare wires on it a year back) - the only thing I'm missing is the internal damper. It's an interesting strainer set up, because effectively the wires are always under tension, and you just lift them away from the reso head when you flip the lever down. Even though there's a fair amount of pitting, I'm not yet at the stage where I want / need to do anything about it.

When I see these come up on ebay, they always end up somewhere north of £100 / $150 - if it's in good conditon that's still a good price for the drum. So getting yours for ten bucks was definately an occasion.

10thAvenueDrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
1. LM402 6.5x14" Supraphonic
2. There's other snares?

Kidding, I also love my Pearl S1330B piccolo snare. On my wish list is the aluminum Pearl Sensitone Elite (probably 6.5 again) and the Mapex Black Panther Cherry Bomb snare.

teenagebrain

Reaction score
My 2 Fav's...6.5x14 NOB Ludwig and Ludwig Anniversary and a very unique one,a true 5.5x14(YES it measures 5 and 1 half inches deep!!!) nickel on alloy shell,lugs,and hoops w/WFL, badge baseball bat muffler,and crimped snare bed...VERY GREAT/UNIQUE SOUNDING snare !!!

Latest posts