You're in quarantine with the first famous drummer you saw live - who is it?

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Famous drummer?

It might actually have been Joe Morello, either him or whoever played drums in Herman's Hermits. I was a kid, not old enough to go to concerts, but attended a clinic with Morello about the same time I went to my first concert, Herman's Hermits.

I still remember snippets of Morello's playing, though nothing about the drummer in Herman's Hermits.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My uncle Norman Hewitt who who was a well known jazz drummer around the Oxford UK area in those days. He took me to a new Jazz Club where he played and I still have the membership card ... number 00003.....

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The first drummer I saw live? Probably some high schooler playing a bass drum, quads or snare in the marching band during the city's Christmas or 4th of July Parade when I was a toddler.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Roger Taylor from Duran Duran, 1984 in Hollywood, Florida.
I was at that show with my first wife and another couple. We were separated a couple of weeks later, and then divorced. Oddly I ended up having a four year relationship with the the other woman that was at the concert with us.

I had not thought of that concert in a long time.

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Elvis's drummer at a Halloween street fair one night.I have no idea who it was, just a lot of people, mostly wimmens, acting foolish. I was 4 or 5.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My first Famous drummer was Bobby Columby with BS&T in Little Rock AR around 1969 or 70.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
The late, great, Roy Burns. Saw him in clinic at my local music store where I took lessons. Next in June would be Buddy - my dad took me to see him twice.