You're in quarantine with the first famous drummer you saw live - who is it?

kevinyarger

Reaction score
I don't know who the drummer was for my first concert. He was a touring musician for a boy band my family friend got us tickets to and a quick google search isn't showing anyone claiming that gig to their resume. Soooo I'm going to take a mulligan on this one and say that it was Taylor Hawkins and Dave Grohl double drumming at Foo Fighter show.

thejohnlec

Reaction score
Buddy Rich! Saw him at Manchester West high school in NH when I was 13. My first real big concert was Van Halen in 1986 at the Worcester Centrum. Not a bad way to start seeing live music I must say.
Cool! My first was Buddy at Fitchburg State College my freshman year in high school, and then Rush a year or two later at the Centrum. Got Buddy’s autograph at his show too.

James Walker

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Buddy for me as well. Simsbury (CT) High School, 1978.

Little b

Reaction score
Was going to say Richie Hayward (Little Feat) in July/1995, then remembered wayyyy back in early 1964/65 seeing Mike`Smitty`Smith with Paul Revere & The Raiders. They played all their hits at the time and us band guys immediately went home, designing our version of their stage clothes and started learning our favourite's from their songs. We laugh now at how we tried to copy them but it went over really well at our local dances and summer tour of our province in 66'.

plumbndrum

Reaction score
Bun Carlos with Cheap Trick. One On One tour. 1982 at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). Front row balcony seats.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
First "famous" drummer? Probably John Bonham, but, I can't remember for sure what dates I saw which drummer.

What It Is

Reaction score
Had to be Bun E./ Cheap Trick at Chicago Fest 1979 or 1980. I was 13, went with my dad. Quite the experience.

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Carter Beauford, Dave Matthews Band - 12/8/2000 Went to the concert with my friend when I was in 9th grade. Interesting experience...

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Prairie Prince The Tubes June 5th 1980 Veterans Memorial Columbus, Ohio
What an underrated player... very cool he made out list! And he was dead top center back them with The Tubes, I say them once and had to pick my jaw up out of the floor!

hsosdrum

Reaction score
This guy...

img_0697.jpg

Keith Thibideaux ("Little Ricky") played at a Cub Scout jamboree I attended in 1961, when I was 9. I fell in love at first sight with his drums (WMP Gretsch). Been in love with drums ever since.