You're in quarantine with the first famous drummer you saw live - who is it?

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Chester Thompson and Phil Collins, January 1986

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The first drummer I ever saw live was Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles because there's no way in hell I'm quarantining with Herman Rarebell. So yeah, what happened was Susanna Hoffs came out on stage in 1982 and said, "Y'all won't understand this now but it's going to be very important for a special young man in about 40 years." And she played Wipeout in her spiked heels, blew me a kiss and walked off stage and then has just been in waiting until this thread.

fusseltier

Reaction score
Pretty sure my first concert was when I was 14 and saw Ted Nugent, Cat Scratch Fever tour in 1977, and the drummer was Cliff Davies.
One of the greatest concerts ever, besides the original Kiss concert. But I saw Nugent first.

Coolvan

Reaction score
For me also, Buddy Rich. I saw him in 1967. My dad took me, i had already been playing for 2 years. My dad had sat in with Harry James Orch on sax in 1945, and met BR back then, we went to meet him after the performance in 1967. He remembered my dad, who was 18 at the time. I still have his autograph.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
My first concert was Sammy Hagar in 1980. Not sure if David Lauser would be considered famous.

ironically my second concert was Gamma featuring Ronnie Montrose. Denny Carmassi is definitely someone I would consider famous among drummers!

JohnnyVibesAZ

Reaction score
Unfortunately, and I do mean UNFORTUNATELY, it was Dennis Wilson. All he did during the Beach Boys concert, was screw around. I was only 12 or 13 at the time, and wanted to kick his ass off the stage, and take over. Later that year, I attended a Joe Morello drum clinic. Now THAT was more like it! He was wonderful on his set and a great teacher!

Last edited: